Remembering how far I've come...a comparison photo

Options
My name is Chasidy. I've been on my journey with my husband since Aug 2011. I hit a rough spot in the first part of the year and I'm working on getting back into what works for me. Since we began our journey we've learned the most natural way that anyone can lose weight...is time, eating right, and escalate your exercise. Start by just moving..then transition into actual exercise that works for you and if that's too liberal for you, then try Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30. She teaches so much about exercise and it's almost fail proof. BUT you have to eat right. One bad day ruins that week. Have one good week, then two good weeks, then a month! DON'T stress the time because this is not going to be fast. Trade a year of your life for the healthy body you will have.

Sometimes you just have to take a moment and remember how far you've come...

vm3PIVP.jpg

Please feel free to post your pictures as well!

Replies

• Darknightswifey
    Darknightswifey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Good work!
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    youve done awesome!

ff36049e-2ddc-457d-bbd9-04dc818a4a4f_zps94c4a759.jpg
    a2bd11da-6310-4b36-a62e-93fe46d47a8d_zps623459fa.jpg
    117f1a0a-9b48-41de-a772-9edd1535d3cf_zpscfe08222.jpg
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You were beautiful in both pictures, but you should be so proud of your accomplishment! You look amazing.
  • AngelChini
    AngelChini Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats! Your hard work is paying off!(:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Man that's a beautiful photo OP. Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • 2BVeggie
    2BVeggie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nice transition!
  • Sangria47
    Sangria47 Posts: 1
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress and you look great! Love the black and white photo! :)
  • kiera0423
    kiera0423 Posts: 4
    Options
    Great job, beautiful words! Beautiful pictures. Ps, has anyone ever told you you look like Natalie from the Dixie Chicks?
  • emmamaelee888
    emmamaelee888 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great transformation and words of advice :-)
  • kiera0423
    kiera0423 Posts: 4
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! I love the dress in that second picture. :smile:

I just so happened to be wearing the same shirt today as I was when I went to Disneyworld-- back when I was nearly 300 pounds.

236_505733808840_9926_n.jpg

Same shirt, five years later:

936122_619622150690_478040924_n.jpg
  • snowfallgently
    Options
    Thanks for sharing....you are an inspiration to me!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look amazing and great advice
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Congratulations~fantastic!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • CarlaNeverGivenUp
    CarlaNeverGivenUp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    So inspiring. Thanks for sharing!
  • MrsGreenTea703
    MrsGreenTea703 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your encouraging words, they really mean so much to me!

@Ramberta, WAY TO GO!!! I wish I had my old clothes from when I was heavy...In April 2011, a tornado came through Fayetteville, where we lived and took our home. So I don't have ANY of my "heavy" old clothes (Although it wasn't until Aug 2011 when we started our journey)

@Kiera0423 Thank you so much! I've actually been told a lot that I looked like "a girl from the Dixie Chicks" I never knew which one until now, so thank you! That's a compliment! =D

@6spdeg Amazing job and all I can say is wow! Way to go!!!

Thank you all again for your sweet words!! We really can do anything we put our mind to with hard work and dedication one day at a time with lots of water!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!