Anyone else get stuck on "food jags" where they only want to eat one thing?

Options

Replies

• phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just got over my sudden obsession with those tiny Halo mandarin oranges. I think I ate 6 in a day last time and I picked up more twice a week.
  • betterby30
    betterby30 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bananas right now. Also bean sprouts. Weird.
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I would eat grilled cheese for every meal every day if I could. But I try to limit myself to once a week. It has been my favorite food for about 15 years.
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm very much a food routine person. Breakfast, Lunch, and my snacks are the
    same and I only switch up dinner. Funny others do this too!
  • DrWhoIsYerDad
    DrWhoIsYerDad Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    yes, for the calorie consistency
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I have been on a protein bar kick. It's not the best thing, not the worst thing, but I pretty much want them for every meal (often I'll have one with a piece of fruit or cucumber or something). They fit my calories and fill me up. I absolutely love them though. I imagine I will get tired of them eventually, or ween off of them. heh
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @kyylieeeeee Here Here to the grilled cheese!! Paired with a bowl of tomato basil soup... HEAVEN!!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    This happens to me alllll the time. If I let myself I could eat my oatmeal/banana/peanut butter/cinnamon breakfast for each meal of the day lol. It will change too once I get bored of something. Allowing myself to eat too much of one food tends to be a binge trigger for me, so I do not let myself have 'seconds' of something anymore with some very rare exceptions.
  • stefanieprice07
    stefanieprice07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This happens to me with sushi alllll the time! And it usually lasts until i have a weird piece of sushi or until I just don't have access to it for so long I get over it.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    oh yeah :smiley:
    6zm5o95nvyep.gif
    yea, unfortunately, it's usually pizza :/

• overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    jonrenly wrote: »
    I can't get enough peanut butter. If I could sit down and eat an entire jar of peanut butter with a spoon and not be 10lbs heavier the next day, I would.

I easily go through a jar of PB2 a week, and its only so little because I have consciously put that limit on myself... i literally spoon the stuff into a bowl, mix in some water, and eat it like pudding. I have such a problem D:

This is me in a nutshell.

God, that was an awful pun...and yet I still posted it. Eh. :)

And I also go through jags where all I want is tuna fish. Solid white albacore canned in water, not fresh. I've actually eaten tuna sandwiches for lunch for weeks on end.
  • bonnie1066
    bonnie1066 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me too....my issue is after having a gastric bypass in 2002...I'm still trying to get off last 30-40 pounds...here's the thing since I can't eat much at a sitting and calorie set at 1450 a day. ...alot of things I eat have few calories but fill me up fast...for instance snow crab legs...hardly any calories and I can eat three clusters ...I think little over 200 calories but then not eat for several hours then eat 15 steamed shrimp (low calorie ) tons of broccoli. ..no calories. ...so I find myself sometimes eating garbage like oreos or my Frappuccino then still fall 300-700 below and of course not lose weight.
    Then if I eat smaller portions I graze all day.
    Don't get me wrong. ..some days if it's not nailed down it's in my pie hole! But about 4 times a week I'm way under! I feel the only way to get calories in is to eat junk like in the past. ...spicy sausage link, avacado, take out, fries.
    I try to be good then not enough. ..like my sugar free jello. ..10 calories I could eat 4...lol!
    Just venting my frustration. ..thanks for reading :)
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Mine is fish at the moment. I'm probably low on zinc or something.

I always crave feta cheese too when someone I know is pregnant. I usually know before they do!
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Me! If I have a food or recipe I really love, I can it eat week in and week out (right now it's vegetarian unstuffed pepper soup, this is about the third week in a row I'll have it for lunch). I also eat the same thing every day for breakfast (Dannon Lite & Fit Blueberry Greek yogurt with a cup of coffee) and the same mid-morning snack of a banana. Never bored.

It's kind of a funny/positive/wonderful thing- since starting MFP in January, the binge cravings have nearly disappeared. Last time I binged was two weeks ago (peanut butter and Nestle's Tollhouse morsels, ugh!). So maybe that's why I'm more satisfied now with food I look forward to eating every day.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I really don't mind eating the same foods, and it's a lot easier to buy and plan when you eat the same thing most of the time. That doesn't mean I don't take an occasional break!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Currently, mine is pink lemonade.
  • KrisAZ000
    KrisAZ000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    klkateri wrote: »
    Its an actual scientific/medical thing... it's, in a very condensed nutshell, cravings based on what your body needs. So if you are craving say Oranges... then maybe you are low on Vitamin C and that is your body's way of getting it. Although I'm not sure what my Chipotle cravings or sushi cravings are for but I go with it and assume my body has its reasons!!

Interesting. I've been fixated on pancakes lately. I recently took up running, and I've heard runners need more carbs. Maybe that explains the pancake thing. Too bad I can't really indulge due to the calorie content.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    yes, for the calorie consistency

Yeah, that. I tend to eat the same things, but that's mostly because I already know how it fits into my calorie/protein goals.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I'll sometimes get on a jag where I eat the same thing every day, but not ONLY that one thing. And then, as suddenly as the obsession came, it goes.