Sometimes people suck!

Options
2»

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Insults reflect on the insulter. Pretend you're carrying a big shield that reflects the insult right back to them. Everybody has their sensitive spot and sometimes it gets hit dead center. It's normal to feel awful---the "why me, today..". Life goes on. Try to think good thoughts and this will pass. Next time you go out walking ask yourself, "I wonder who I'll meet today, a jerk or a nice person?" Then get out there and do your stuff! :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Remember in pretty woman when she was in her hooker clothes and she went into the dress shop and they told her that there was nothing for her in their store?

She went back in the store after she went to another shop and bought thousands of dollars worth of clothes (on Richard Gere's credit card) got her hair and makeup done and was wearing one of those outfits and she went back for redemption and said "big mistake"...

Perhaps one day when you have met your goal you will see these people again and you can say see "I did it" and "look at me now".

This could not or will not ever happen until you get your confidence back or hopefully reaching your goals and getting a new "you" will do that for you otherwise people can or will affect you for ever. I do not know how old you are but when you get older you really do not care anymore how people affect you.
  • lisac195
    lisac195 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, so mean. And you didn't flip them off?
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    A few years ago there was a fairly young heavyset fella I would see walking in the neighborhood every day, usually carrying a bag from Subway or McDonald's or Taco Bell. One day I was with a friend who remarked to me "That's just what he needs." I turned to her and said that we didn't know what he had in the bag, but at least he was earning his lunch by walking to pick it up..... Know what? I still see him in the neighborhood occasionally, but he would be unrecognizable to most people, and he's jogging now instead of walking :D

Just keep doing what you're doing <3
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    A few years ago there was a fairly young heavyset fella I would see walking in the neighborhood every day, usually carrying a bag from Subway or McDonald's or Taco Bell. One day I was with a friend who remarked to me "That's just what he needs." I turned to her and said that we didn't know what he had in the bag, but at least he was earning his lunch by walking to pick it up..... Know what? I still see him in the neighborhood occasionally, but he would be unrecognizable to most people, and he's jogging now instead of walking :D

Just keep doing what you're doing <3

Love this story!