Armband phone case for Samsung Galaxy S4 and Hulk-like girl arms

Options
BarbieAS
BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
edited April 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I have positively beast-like upper arms (and calves, but that's a topic for another thread). Despite my otherwise mostly unremarkable size (I'm about a size 14...cue Buffalo Bill), I have a 17-ish inch upper arm circumference. I wish I could say that's due to my massive muscle gainz....but it's not. :s

Anyway, I would like an armband to hold my phone during workouts (I've been stuffing it into my sports bras....mmmm, sanitary), but anything I find (online or in store) either goes up to maybe 14 inch arms or so, or doesn't list those stats at all. (I've also found via reading MANY reviews that apparently people have VERY different ideas of what constitutes "large" arms, but, again, a topic for another thread.) Anyone out there have a similarly-sized arm and phone and have an armband case they can recommend?

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My upper arms are not that large and I actually really dislike armbands with the bigger phones like my S5 so I wouldn't be able to recommend a good one anyway. You're right, most armbands are not going to be long enough. All the ones I've seen are for biceps under 15". I did some looking around just now and still can't find any larger. It's actually a bit surprising.

I did want to suggest a running belt. I have a great running belt with a front pouch more than large enough to hold my S5 with it's case. It doesn't bounce while I run and it's very flexible for multiple uses. You can add on water bottles and multiple pouches. The manufacturer is Amphipod.

ETA: It's become a quest! I found one: http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Hassle-Free-Gear-Beast-Compatible/dp/B00JA4HJ9M
  • BarbieAS
    edited April 2015
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    My upper arms are not that large and I actually really dislike armbands with the bigger phones like my S5 so I wouldn't be able to recommend a good one anyway. You're right, most armbands are not going to be long enough. Most I've seen are for under 15" biceps. I did want to suggest a running belt. I have a great running belt with a front pouch more than large enough to hold my S5 with it's case. It doesn't bounce while I run and it's very flexible for multiple uses. You can add on water bottles and multiple pouches. The manufacturer is Amphipod.

Thank you! I have to admit I'm a bit stuck on the armband if I can find one at all - I had one for my last phone (Droid 4...which actually weighed more than my S4, though the dimensions were smaller so I can't currently use it) and really really liked it and it fit fine, so I know they exist, I just need to find it!! :) But I'll keep your recommendation in mind if I can't find what I'm looking for...though, my primary need to have my phone with me is to listen to music, so I'm not sure how well that sort of thing would work with headphones. But, I'll consider it. Thanks!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I get that you may find them less bulky than I do on my 11.5" arms. If I could make it stay strapped to my big thighs it wouldn't feel so out of place. :lol:

I sometimes use headphones while I run with the running belt. I just tuck the cord into the belt in the back and it stays out of the way. I did find one that says it fits arms up to 20" and edited my first post to add the link. I found another that says up to 17" so that one may or not work: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00AWRTLJ2/galaxy-s5-20

Good luck!
  • BarbieAS
    Options
    Yeah, I get that you may find them less bulky than I do on my 11.5" arms. If I could make it stay strapped to my big thighs it wouldn't feel so out of place. :lol:

I sometimes use headphones while I run with the running belt. I just tuck the cord into the belt in the back and it stays out of the way. I did find one that says it fits arms up to 20" and edited my first post to add the link. I found another that says up to 17" so that one may or not work: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00AWRTLJ2/galaxy-s5-20

Good luck!

Wow, thank you so much!! I actually did see the 2nd one you posted and was kind of keeping that on a short list to try (my "17-ish" trends to the higher side of that number, rather than the lower side), but I either didn't see the first one or missed the specs (I did a lot of my searching on Amazon). Thank you thank you!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    My upper arms are not that large and I actually really dislike armbands with the bigger phones like my S5 so I wouldn't be able to recommend a good one anyway. You're right, most armbands are not going to be long enough. All the ones I've seen are for biceps under 15". I did some looking around just now and still can't find any larger. It's actually a bit surprising.

I did want to suggest a running belt. I have a great running belt with a front pouch more than large enough to hold my S5 with it's case. It doesn't bounce while I run and it's very flexible for multiple uses. You can add on water bottles and multiple pouches. The manufacturer is Amphipod.

ETA: It's become a quest! I found one: http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Hassle-Free-Gear-Beast-Compatible/dp/B00JA4HJ9M

That one looks promising especially cause it looks like case removal isn't necessary to remove it.