Ladies! Beer question.

Options

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    1554 is always my "usual" but I do enjoy most micro brews. Usually the darker the better. I'm usually not one for flavored beer but there is an organic chocolate stout that is simply amazing!!!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Silver Bullets... all day, every day.

coors_light_silver_bullet_aluminum_pint.jpg

^This is his 2nd favorite type of silver bullet. georgeprops.gif

No, it's my first. The other one is my second. Beer > Toys
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Guinness is my absolute fave.
  • lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I have a few favorites and they all need to be ice cold to enjoy !!
    Alexander Keith's
    ShockTop
    Kronenberg
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Leinenkugel has a lot of good ones. Around the holidays they had a cranberry ginger shandy that was pretty amazing and fresh tasting.. I also like their Big Butt Doppelbock pretty well. My absolute favorite to drink is Victory Brewing Company's Golden Monkey. Its spicy and delicious. If you don't really like the taste of beer, though don't drink it. Let someone who will enjoy it have the beer and you can drink something else.
  • Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Beer with a percentage...and cold!
  • Northernlight03
    Options
    Can you get Stella...carlsberg and other popular English beers in America? Or is that a daft question
  • Northernlight03
    Options
    Sorry they are not English beers I meant they are popular in england
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Nom nom ... i love beer. I drink Yuengling when I go out and Mich Ultra at home. Mich Ultra tastes a bit like ... well, better tasting water. I can't describe the taste of Yuengling (or any beer) exactly - I just don't have the depth of knowledge to explain it. Delicious.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    Nom nom ... i love beer. I drink Yuengling when I go out and Mich Ultra at home. Mich Ultra tastes a bit like ... well, better tasting water. I can't describe the taste of Yuengling (or any beer) exactly - I just don't have the depth of knowledge to explain it. Delicious.

Michelob Ultra?! What are you? 40?!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »

Michelob Ultra?! What are you? 40?!

Is that a serious question? Yes - well, 43. I'd much rather drink 90 calories at a time than 200.
  • fitcurves6693
    fitcurves6693 Posts: 3,401 Member
    Options
    Amber Bock-best when on tap and ice cold. It is super smooth :)
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Singha, ice-cold. Hands down. Omg yum. (It's in the import section; it's a Thai beer.)
  • brandeemichaela
    brandeemichaela Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Order a chelada! So good! it's beer, tomato juice, clam juice and chili powder with salt.. really you have to try one! Or just buy the bud light kind.. It's labeled like Bud light & Clamato! (has Chelada on the bottom portion of the can)..
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    I am not a big beer drinker, i prefer wine....but when i do have one, it has to be ice cold. I like Corona with lime, and Shandy (beer/lemonade)
  • mrsswisspea
    mrsswisspea Posts: 51 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I used to hate beer, but then I married a beer-lover!

When I first started drinking beer, the ones I liked the most were light wheat beers. Paulaner is the best mass-produced one, but Erdinger and Blue Moon are also very good. I like it pretty cold (but not ice cold). It's pretty calorific though, so (even though you're not "supposed" to) order a small.

On a really hot day, there is nothing better than a REALLY cold Southeast Asian Lager. Singha, Tiger, Angkor, Bintang are my favourites. Best with salty, roasted peanuts :)

Now, I love dark, craft beer. Guinness is okay, but there are so many small, craft breweries out there making amazing beer. It's like 160 calories a pint, which is pretty awesome. If you're in the UK Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout is pretty good, I don't know American ones well enough to make a suggestion.

I say, don't be afraid! Be open-minded, and don't feel bad about asking to try a beer (if it's on tap), most bartenders will be happy to let you try.
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Silver Bullets... all day, every day.

coors_light_silver_bullet_aluminum_pint.jpg

Same here!

Bud Platinum, Yuengling, Rolling Rock. Redd's Apple Ale is delicious! Corona with a lime wedge is doable (not a big fan though).

Beer is always best ice cold, but I can drink it when it starts getting warmer too.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I was never a beer drinker until I was introduced to craft beers. I still consider myself very new to the world of beers and don't know all the lingo, but my favorites are Petrus Aged Pale (it's a sour), Fatheads Spooky Tooth (seasonal pumpkin), and Sierra Nevada.

You probably would like ciders. Wyder's Pear Cider is the bomb.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I'm not a beer girl really...I prefer Redd's apple ale and Stella Artois cider. If I do have a beer I like Leinenkugel's honey weiss beer