Sugar/Carb addicted..yep, that's me!

Hi y'all. I'm Laurie. I'm quite overweight. I realized that I'm 100% addicted to sugar. I started my journey trying to break my addiction to it and realized it was and still is very, very difficult for me. A physical therapist I work with suggested this app. I was skeptical at first because I've tried just about every diet out there. My Fitness Pal is changing my life, one day at a time. The weight is coming off. I started roughly a month ago at 1940 calories a day. I've lost 13.5 pounds since then. I have a long way to go, but I'm actually doing it. I'm also learning about eating healthy along the way. I'm tweaking my protein/fat/carb percentages to lower my carbs and have more protein and good fats. It's been so difficult, but I feel like I can finally do it. I love the vast database of food items. There isn't one item I haven't been able to find in the database.

Replies

• hmck3
    hmck3 Posts: 2 Member
    I think that is my issue plus eating late at night. I have a long way to go and really want this to be the time I lose weight. Today is day 1 and I feel good about it. I did eat a brownie around 1am but gonna set a goal not to tonight.
  • bonnie1066
    bonnie1066 Posts: 7 Member
    Yay...keep up the good work! It's hard!!!