Coconut Crunch (wanted to share something I made that was yummy)

Options
RoxieDawn
RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
edited April 2015 in Recipes
Made this recipe and it is yumilious. Instead of using almonds I used pecans and it is fabulous and easy to make. It is a 5 star winner in my house and this is low carb..

COCONUT CRUNCH DELIGHT
1/4 cup butter, 4 tablespoons
1/4 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda ( I used Truvia Baking Blend)
1/2 cup almond flour, 2 ounces
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup sliced almonds, 2 ounces (or pecans same measurement)
2 tablespoons sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda (I used Truvia Baking Blend)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla or coconut extract ( I used vanilla extract)

Spray an 8x8" baking dish with cooking spray. Put the butter in the pan and microwave until melted. Add the next 4 ingredients and mix well with a fork. Spread evenly over the bottom of the pan and bake at 325º about 20-25, stirring every 5 minutes, until golden brown. Watch closely during last 10 minutes so that it doesn't get too dark or burn. Remove from the oven and remove half of the crumb mixture from the pan and set aside. Press the remaining crumbs evenly over the bottom of the pan; cool then freeze about 30 minutes or until set.

Meanwhile, place the pudding mix in a mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in the cream until the pudding mix no longer looks grainy; add 1/4 cup Splenda and vanilla. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer until the filling is thick and fluffy. Be careful not to over beat it or you could end up with butter.

Drop the cream mixture by big spoonfuls over the "crust", then spread gently to cover the crust trying not to disturb the crumbs. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the cream filling. Cover and chill several hours before serving.

Makes 9 small servings
Can be frozen

* You can also use white chocolate or cheesecake flavor pudding mix.

With granular Splenda *** Calories will depend on the actual ingredients you use)
Per Serving: 255 Calories; 25g Fat; 4g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 250 Calories; 25g Fat; 4g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

Replies

• Crown221
    Crown221 Posts: 1
    Options
    Sounds good, except I don't use artificial sweetners. I like using XyloSweet. Find it at xlear.com It's an all natural sweetener.