Meals and meal planning vs. just tracking over the day/week

Options
2»

Replies

• Castrofreak
    Castrofreak Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I dont meal plan or pre-log. I wake up not knowing what I'm going to eat today. I think of what I'm gonna eat for lunch about an hour before. I plan our dinner at around noon so I can defrost meat, but thats all. I pretty much just go with the flow.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I have asked this elsewhere but can't find it. For those that pre log- I can't see how you do it. For example. If I make a salad and bacon wrap, I can log the wrap and the bacon but how do you know exactly how much salad you're going to put in. Even mayo can vary by a few grams when measuring by the spoonful. Am I just being too picky? I get anxiety if I don't weigh things to the gram.

Most of recipes have the absolute highest of every ingredient that I would use for the recipe including salads and then when I prepare I just adjust the weights. It takes a lot less time to do that then trying to do it as I am cooking the actual meal. But, I am crazy and prelog weeks in advance to help plan my grocery list so I only buy what I know we will eat those 2 weeks. There is still room for changes but, I always have an idea of what I will eat.