My Story

Options
abb117
abb117 Posts: 81 Member
I have always been a huge fan of junk food. I would eat from the morning I woke up until I went to bed, snacking all day. I started eating 100 calorie packs so that it would be less calories, but I would eat several packs defeating the purpose. Some days, I would even count chips as meals. I have never been particularly fat, so I considered myself lucky considering how much I eat. I was very out of shape, though, and started to become more and more upset with how I looked in the mirror. I went from wearing tight clothes to mostly loose clothes so that I could hide my stomach. When I would come home from college, my parents would tell me that I need to lose weight, and we would fight about the fact that I was happy with how I looked so it shouldn't affect them. Truth be told, I wasn't happy with how I looked, I just didn't want to do anything about it. About 2 months ago, I started the Kayla Itsines work out. It is a 12 week program. I figured that I would do it for 12 weeks and lose weight and then go back to eating how I was before just in smaller portions. I didn't care about getting toned; I cared about getting skinny. Well here I am, 10 weeks later. I am not done with the program yet, but I cannot imagine going back to my old lifestyle. I have discovered so many amazing healthy recipes and am more excited to try them than anything else I have ever considered cooking. Prior to this, I actually had never cooked before, now I can't get enough of it and wish there was more time in a day so I could make more healthy recipes. I love fruit, and I'm starting to love different salads. I can't say that I don't have cravings for junk food anymore, but my self control has sky rocketed. When I finish these 12 weeks, I am plan on starting over to continue building muscle and getting toned. I have lost 17 pounds so far. I know it isn't about the number on the scale, but I still haven't been able to stop focusing on that. My parents are now telling me that I look great and don't need to lose anymore, but I know I still have work to do and can't wait to continue to build muscle and reach more goals. I had never been in good enough shape to run a mile before in my life. Today, I ran 2 miles without stopping to walk in a little over 18 minutes. I am reaching goals that I never thought possible for me. I make sure to fit a work out in everyday. Sleeping in is no longer appealing to me. I prefer to wake up early, so I can start the day. I am happier, more positive, and love continuing on this wonderful journey. It's like they say: it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle. I could not agree more!

Replies

• abb117
    Options
    Also, I love motivating people. I am not a health coach by any means, but I have had some friends tell me that they are motivated by what I'm doing and that I am an inspiration to them. That means the world to me, and I would love to continue to help others with their fitness goals!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That is fabulous. Also you can hear the enthusiasm in your post. That is what is going to help you keep it up. Congratulations.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    cheering_minions.gif
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work - what a great update.
  • abb117
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Well done indeed!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!