Set Back

Options
So I'm on day one, and already had a setback. I ate 9...that's right count em 9 nutter butters, and theat averaged out to like 500 calories!!!!! And it's only a little after lunch time today!!!

Replies

• LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    maybe do a workout tonight?
  • angelascott919
    Options
    When first getting started it is hard to resist the temptation your favorite cookies or foods. Don't le it get you down, make it as an experience and move on. I find it is best to find a different healthy snack to replace the not so good ones. It is done, you can't take it back. Move on and start over. Sometimes I have to take things one hour at a time and after a while take it one day at a time and just think that today I will eat healthy.
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! I ate shredded cheese right out of the bag last night. The important thing is to not seeing it as a failure. Instead, try to journal why you think you made that choice to begin with. The more you learn about yourself, the more in control you'll be. Stay strong!
  • autumn130
    autumn130 Posts: 48
    Options
    I did something similar! The best thing about this site is the food journal. I ate McDonalds and thought I was ok because I got a medium... YEA RIGHT! After entering it in I was way over my daily limit. But it's ok! You live and learn... now I know I can't eat that same thing anymore.
  • correen_b
    correen_b Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't panic - there is still time to make the day right! Check out the exercise feature and pick out something that will help you burn some of those calories off. Eat a good dinner and drink your water and get back at it tomorrow.

The other day, I wanted to go out for ice cream with my family, so I did 3 hours of yard work (burning about 400) to give me enough room. Oh my that was some luscious ice cream and I didn't completely blow it.

I just started MFP about 2 weeks ago and just keeping track of everything, I have lost close to 8 pounds. Logging everything, makes you really think about what you put in your mouth. Hello, my name is Correen and I am a Mindless Eater:)

Good luck!!
  • beutiful5678
    beutiful5678 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i used to do this (eat wayyy to much of a food - any food really. i had no idea what an appropriate portion size was and i didn't really care.) which is how i got this high and i still do it sometimes. whenever i feel the need to eat 10 of this or a whole bowl of that i remind myself that just having 1 or 2 is enough to satisfy my craving!

practice eating stuff like that in small portions. if you need to put each individual serving of nutter butters (and other snack foods) in a separate plastic bag. snack foods are notoriously hard to get a handle on.
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Options
    We all have those days, it happens so much more often than we'd like to admit! If this is your first day, then you haven't yet hit the "Complete entry" button when you close out your food diary and all exercise for the day. It will say "If every day was like today, you'd weigh ### lbs in 5 weeks."

That is enough motivation/deterrent to keep me from eating the whole box of cookies... or candy... or crackers... or chips!