hate my thighs

Options
2»

Replies

• alessia_giorgio
    Options
    I used to find that my thighs would either get bigger or stay the same, but they were the area that I wanted to shrink. I was doing squats, lunges, butt lifts, leg lifts etc. After I couple years of experimenting with different weight loss methods I found that the way I shrink my thighs is by reducing the calories I take in by a significant amount, and also reducing the amount of protein I take in. Also I didn't do any leg or thigh exercises just a lot of cardio ( running ) for long periods of time. I lost a lot of weight which made my thighs shrink. Once they had shrink I increased my protein intake and started to tone them by doing leg exercises with ankle weights. However you need to bear in mind that it's different for everyone but this is the way I got my thighs to a size that I wanted.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    ugwux004 wrote: »
    ugwux004 wrote: »
    Oh I also also took measurements to find out that the only thing that decreased was my stomach and my waist

Did your thighs remain the same size or grow? If you're eating at a deficit, you will not gain muscle mass. Your muscles might retain more water at a deficit, but you will not gain more actual muscle tissue. Once your body decides to use the fat stored there, they shrink.

it remained the same

So your body chose to take fat from other places first .. the joys of genetics. Eventually, the fat layer from your thighs will shrink. When that is in relation to the rest of your body is anybody's guess. Just keep up what is already showing results and the rest will follow.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Ballet barre is toning my thighs and the rest of me too. Not getting smaller but firmer and more defined. I have muscley legs without trying. Any added fat is just making them look heavy. If I had grown an extra few inches I'd have great legs!! LOL ( genetics again)
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Cue the people who tell her that her legs aren't really getting bigger even though she's probably aware of every inch of her own body & how it fits in her clothes.

I used to hate my big thighs (I'm 5'3.5" so it's inevitable), but once I started really building them, I love them. They're the strongest part of my body, and I'm glad it shows.

Anyway if you really really want to slim them down, I found running was the best for that. I like to run hills and sand because I want puffy legs now =D
  • ugwux004
    ugwux004 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Cue the people who tell her that her legs aren't really getting bigger even though she's probably aware of every inch of her own body & how it fits in her clothes.

I used to hate my big thighs (I'm 5'3.5" so it's inevitable), but once I started really building them, I love them. They're the strongest part of my body, and I'm glad it shows.

Anyway if you really really want to slim them down, I found running was the best for that. I like to run hills and sand because I want puffy legs now =D
    thanks a lot, i will make running my daily routine from now! oh and i have been running on the treadmill a lot lately and hopefully the next time i check, i will have better result
  • ugwux004
    ugwux004 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I used to find that my thighs would either get bigger or stay the same, but they were the area that I wanted to shrink. I was doing squats, lunges, butt lifts, leg lifts etc. After I couple years of experimenting with different weight loss methods I found that the way I shrink my thighs is by reducing the calories I take in by a significant amount, and also reducing the amount of protein I take in. Also I didn't do any leg or thigh exercises just a lot of cardio ( running ) for long periods of time. I lost a lot of weight which made my thighs shrink. Once they had shrink I increased my protein intake and started to tone them by doing leg exercises with ankle weights. However you need to bear in mind that it's different for everyone but this is the way I got my thighs to a size that I wanted.
    thanks, i used to have an okay thigh when i was at my lowest weight(125), it was toned but never up to what i wanted. During that time i played a lot of soccer and and ran track, but ever since college food is all i could eat it have gone from bad to worse. however i will decrease the amount of weight i put in my thigh and do more running.