People!!

Options
I dont know if anyone else has ever experienced this, but it made me so angry!!

I went for a walk on my lunch break today, and before I left, I changed my clothes, but did not wash my make up off (sorry, it wasnt happening). So I head outside and get down by the boardwalk where I like to walk, and these 2 younger girls (like 18-19 years old) walk by me, then turn around and start walking behind me. Normally I have my ipod blaring but I was setting up my Nike + so the music hadnt started yet. Girl A says to Girl B "Man I think its so stupid when people wear full makeup when they are working out". I let it go because honestly, I sometimes think its looks silly to be all made up when your just going to sweat it off, but whatev. THEN (and this is what made me mad) Girl B replies "Oh she probably does it because shes fat and needs all the help she can get to look human"

I stopped dead in my tracks and little girl A ran right into me. I turned around and glared at them and was like "I can hear every work you said" Girl A looked like she was going to puke, Girl B just looks at me and says "Yeah, so what. Lose some weight" and walks away!

I am fuming! FUMING! What right does this girl have to say things like that to people? What did her parents teach her growing up? I know if I ever found out my son treated someone like that I would flip!

On a positive side (I always try to find the positive) she totally made me amp up my walk....not because she told me to lose weight, but because I was so damn mad I had to work off some of that adrenaline before heading back to my office, where I would have probably lost it on some poor nurse.

Replies

• rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    oh man. :angry:
    some people are just unhappy and have to talk about others to keep the focus off of their own lives. so sorry to hear you got the brunt of their heinous behavior.
    i hope your day takes a turn for the better. :flowerforyou:
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    I would have had a really hard time not saying some really ugly things to those girls!!! Sheesh.... Props to you for being controlled in your response.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I probably would have clocked her, honestly. And then had a whole host of other problems on my hands.... But seriously, I'm sorry that those little twits were so stupid. They'll get what is coming to them for being miserable, immature human beings.

You keep up the great work! I can't say I would have taken it as well as you did!
  • WannaBHottyMommy
    WannaBHottyMommy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    OMG I think i would have chased those *****es down.

They just think they will be 18 y/o forever and they'll never battle any weight issues.

Just pray for them, like my new favorite song, that a flower pot will fall off a window sill, there breaks will go out going down a hill.

I am so sorry.
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My adrenaline is pumping for you! Sorry that you encountered such stupid people. You didn't deserve to be talked to like that and the only thing you can do is shake it off. And visualize the little tart tripping on the boardwalk and knocking her own teeth out. :-) Sorry, i have a bit of a dark side.

Keep up the good work!!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Wow that is harsh. Hope karma gives them a good ole B"tch Slap!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    We should compile a list of witty comebacks we can all use in such circumstances, such as ....

"Well one day, you'll be fat too. Think on that, you little Twitard!" (Twi as in Twilight, tard as in retard)
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I had a girl ask me if she could have my seat in the front of a ride at universal studios and when I said no she said she was going to kick my azz.
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I am glad you let them know you could hear what they were saying. Maybe next time they will think twice before being so ignorant. If it is any consolation usually catty people have such horrible feelings about themselves that that is why they are the way they are. Who cares what they think. I hope your day gets better. :smile:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I praise you for your self control, because I think I would have said worse and maybe more... I can't believe the nerve some people have these days. Remember, karma will come back around to them *insert evil grin here*
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I probably would have clocked her, honestly. And then had a whole host of other problems on my hands.... But seriously, I'm sorry that those little twits were so stupid. They'll get what is coming to them for being miserable, immature human beings.

You keep up the great work! I can't say I would have taken it as well as you did!

^^ What she said!

Congrats on the 20 pounds that you've lost so far, by the way!
    I'm a big believer in Karma, a girl that ugly on the inside will get what she has coming to her!
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    Isn't it crazy how unhappy people have to spread their poisin? They aren't satisfied with just being miserable alone, they have to take others down with them.

Keep up the good work!!!
  • autumn130
    autumn130 Posts: 48
    Options
    My blood is pumping just reading this!!!! I can't stand people like that and you are right, it has everything to do with how their parents raised them.
    My dad is a marine (retired) and my mom has always been a busy bee so we were on our own a lot but they taught me to think before I speak. You NEVER know what the other persons sittuation is. NEVER. What is you had cancer and you just liked wearing make-up because it made you feel pretty... they don't know! How crappy would they have felt... ERRR I am getting worked up.

Either way- just know you are fabulous and you are making the changes you need to make :)
    Way to go for being the bigger person!
  • AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I have a million things that I can think of to say to them now, but in the moment, I had nothing.....just shock that people are so rude. I can honestly say thats the first time I ever personally encountered something like that, and I dont wish it on anyone.

I am a huge beleiver in karma, so I do hope they get what they deserve lol
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    Wow the nerve of some people! The only reason why people say things like that is because they are insecure with themselves. I give all the praise in the world for those who get out there and exercise. I think it's awesome! Keep it up an don't let anyone discourage by nasty things. Just know you are better than that!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    The best one ever heard was "So what, I am fat - but you are ugly (inside and out) - and I can lose weight!" But you seem too nice to even say that!!! You are a really a "GOOD" person!!! You should be proud of yourself!!!!!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Oh, I probably would have gone off on them too. I've never understood what compels people to make such rude comments about others.
  • pamw22
    pamw22 Posts: 77
    Options
    UH UH!!!! :explode:

1.) I would have turned once I heard her mouth!!!! Walked up to her right at her face and been like WTF did you just say you ^)#)&%#$*%&_#*$#_&% and if she would have said something I would have knocked her out:drinker:

2.) On the other hand I would have just turned around and insulted her back and give her a warm warning to get the F#$* out of my face before its too late :flowerforyou:

GOOD DAY :blushing:
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I go along with all the comments....I too wear makeup....exercising...mowing the lawn (push & rider)....look out sweeties, I'll chase you with my mower! :bigsmile:
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The best one ever heard was "So what, I am fat - but you are ugly (inside and out) - and I can lose weight!" But you seem too nice to even say that!!! You are a really a "GOOD" person!!! You should be proud of yourself!!!!!
    That's great!

Just ignore it-consider the source.
    Sorry that happened to you:flowerforyou: