How often do you log weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I weigh every other week and would only post once a month, but MFP nags you if you wait too long.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Every morning, butt naked before even one sip of water. I only log losses in MFP though, so usually once every couple weeks.
  • shortlilmeg
    shortlilmeg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    if i weighed myself everyday i think i would be obsessive about it....
    for me personally... i'm doing focust25 exercise program with mfp so i weigh in on saturdays and take my measurements... they call saturday STATurdays... so i always really looked forward to it because i'm constantly at a loss... i never have to see the ups and downs and that's what helps keep me motivated.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself several times throughout the day, but, that's more just recreational.. lol
    I only log a new low, I don't log the 'ups and downs'. I drink a lot of water, and it's neat to see what foods or activities caused me to retain water.
  • dtcjem
    dtcjem Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday and it automatically connects and updates with MFP (Withings Scale). I like to see the daily changes and it allows me to see when I am slacking off and allows to make changes quicker.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    1-2xs a week. When maintaining...randomly once a week maybe?!? when cutting or losing weight 1-2xs a week
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    There is no reason to weigh yourself everyday. Everyday is different depending on what you've eaten and how much water you've had. you can easily put on a pound after a day of hardly any water and a bad day of eating. I weigh myself every Friday morning knowing if I've had a bad day that week, I'll make up for it on another day. If I've lost a pound or two for that week, then I'm happy about it and can have my cheat day. If I stay the same or put on half a pound or so, it motivates me to work harder for that week. I just don't understand weighing yourself everyday. It makes no sense.
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    golden rule for me - weigh weekly NEVER daily, there are too many variances and it just drives you to distraction. Any good health site I've read tell you weigh first thing in the morning after doing "the business" (if you catch my drift - so that its only body weight your measuring) and keep it to the same time of day. Thats what I did and I lost 54lb
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself daily and my sale automatically syncs to MFP when i do. I also record it in a spreadsheet and have for years, even before i joined MFP, it was actually when i got pregnant with our 2 youngest kids back in 2005 as soon as we got married. It helps me to stay on track and when it goes up i know i better get back on track asap!
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Friday mornings and record my weight. I have no desire to see data or trends, I just want to live healthier life and while I need to lose weight I think my desire to be healthier will eventually show up on the scale. For me, it's unhealthy to play with my mind like that by getting on the scale every day, after every meal etc. more like a diet than a lifestyle change. Again that is just my own personal feelings. While we are all here to gain a healthier life style we all have different ways to go about it, what works for some may not work for others. I know there are many that need/want that scale structure... when it comes down to it...its all about personal choice, do what works for you there is no right or wrong way to gain your health and happiness... Good luck!!! B)
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning first thing but only record it on MFP if I have lost and kept that loss for a couple of day.
  • nikkerbob
    nikkerbob Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Only Friday mornings.
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have always done fine staying on track, logging, and eating right until I hit a plateau. I then fall off the wagon. So this time around I only weigh every 90 days. I can tell how I am doing by the way my uniforms fit and by the fact that I am staying under my calorie goals daily and have been upping my weights regularly. By weighing myself every 90 days, I guarantee myself a significant loss if I have been doing my job. My duty belt has 13 (soon to be 14) new holes in it and I use those and how much I can lift to gauge my progress. I may need to weigh more often on maintenance, but that is still a year or more away.

I also have two teenage daughters and I do not want them ever referring to a scale to determine their health, or more importantly their worth.
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Every day, I have an Aria scale and it automatically logs for me.
  • SuperC_sa
    SuperC_sa Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I havent weighed myself in 7 months now

1. What has my gravitational force on the earth got to do with anything
    2. I dont climb on the scale cause the scale dont measure sexy

Lol in all seriousness I would rather track my loss with measurements and pictures. Way more accurate and less damaging to my heart than that damn scale.