Anyone doing the Juiceplus diet?

Options
hey!

Started the juice plus diet on Monday & I'm finding it really is helping me keep within the calories that my fitness pal says is healthy. My energy levels have increased & I'm not feeling hungry between meals! It's fab so far! If anyone else is doing the juice plus, I'd love to hear about your story. Thanks.:-)x

Replies

• emmajulie98765
    emmajulie98765 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    No. I would rather eat food. Also, the people that sell it are all really annoying and talk like they are reading from a script, belting on about the benefits whilst pocketing people's cash.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    naw I prefer food like grilled cheese bacon burgers.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    So you're paying a company $44.50 per month for a bunch of pills with fewer nutrients than the average multivitamin ... plus the cost of whatever snack bars and drink mixes (overpriced protein shakes) you decide to buy?
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat fruit & veg than drink it. You're paying a premium to have someone turn your food into powder.
  • emmajulie98765
    emmajulie98765 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    But the 'JP Crew', ( people who sell it) as they call themselves on my facebook say it really works and they have never felt so great! Well I suppose they would say anything seen as each and every one of them were incapable of getting a decent job so resorted to selling Juice Plus.
  • Junkie1981
    Junkie1981 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 2 shakes a day & 1 healthy, balanced meal....no pills!

The shakes have everything you need meal wise in them.

I can have healthy snacks throughout the day also.

I personally think it's going to be great.

I won't write on here again, I'm new to this & from what I've read people seem to be very judgemental rather than supportive!

Bye!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that in the long term

People round here aren't fond of overpriced, gimmicky, short-term fads. Many of us threw the nonsense away and simply eat less and move more.

But if you can stick to that for life and your health is not adversely affected all's good

• Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    If it's making you feel good then keep doing it and ignore all the nay-sayers. Good luck!

• Junkie1981
    Options
    Some very sad people on here! Didn't think it would be like this.:-( very disappointed!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Nobody is insulting you but juice diets don't work long term
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Gimmicky, expensive, unsustainable diets aren't well welcomed here. We're more about healthy, free, sensible weight loss. Sorry you didn't get the mindless support for an unnecessary and expensive diet plan you were after.
  • cdberts
    cdberts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Obviously she's looking for a quick fix, aren't we all initially, it's the first step, you will loose a bit of weight and gain will power, then u can adjust to eating healthy and exercising regularly - good luck xxx
  • Junkie1981
    Options
    Thanks cdberts! You've hit the nail on the head....my friend lost 2 & a half stone on this diet & is now enjoying healthy balanced eating because Juiceplus taught her quantity control & introduced her to eating the fruit, veg & meat needed as she wasn't previously eating that way!

She has now maintained her weight loss & looks fab! It's been 9 months since she did Juiceplus & hasn't put on a pound!

Herrspoons.....we will never talk again! I think you are using these sites in the incorrect manner....maybe to feel important to people?

All I was doing was asking a question for some supportive feedback.

Thank you to you all that have said some nice things & understand where I was coming from.

Have a lovely Easter!
  • belucky1
    belucky1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    good luck with what you are doing, but, I think people are only trying to put you wise. I have tried every gimmick going over the years but the thing that works best for everyone is eat less, move more and that is what i have eventually realised.

It is your choice but don't waste too much money on these things, good luck.
  • Chrysalid2014
    Options
    Gimmicky, expensive, unsustainable diets aren't well welcomed here. We're more about healthy, free, sensible weight loss. Sorry you didn't get the mindless support for an unnecessary and expensive diet plan you were after.

Who's this "we"? Do you think you speak for everyone who uses this site?

Learning quantity control and getting an introduction to eating healthful foods sounds like a good start to any long-term dietary change.
  • brianpperkins
    Options

Learning quantity control and getting an introduction to eating healthful foods sounds like a good start to any long-term dietary change.

This, and all other, fad diets fail to do what I put in bold. Their business model depends on repeat business, not successful and maintained loss.
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options

This, and all other, fad diets fail to do what I put in bold. Their business model depends on repeat business, not successful and maintained loss.

And when most everyone inevitably fails or gets bored and the money stops flowing in, the people running these schemes will close up shop, meaning no more miracle shakes and pills for you. But don't worry, they'll just reinvent themselves with a new name and new spin on their overpriced powders to dupe the next wave of diet fadders.
  • Chrysalid2014
    Options

But the OP reported that the text in bold is exactly what her friend did achieve from this particular diet. So in this case, this fad diet did not fail.

And regarding your note about the business model, surely this would apply to any weight loss system or organization.

• brianpperkins
    Options

But the OP reported that the text in bold is exactly what her friend did achieve from this particular diet. So in this case, this fad diet did not fail.

And regarding your note about the business model, surely this would apply to any weight loss system or organization.

The claims about the friend counter what the diet itself claims to do. You and the OP can continue to grasp at straws and support illogical fad diets. I cannot support them and maintain my dignity.