I'm Breast feeding

amcgee788
amcgee788 Posts: 2 Member
Im Breast feeding and I don't see anywhere that My Fitness Pal accounts for that. How to I adjust my calories?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    they have entries for it in the exercise section
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    They also have entries in the food section as well. I put mine in for breakfast. Diary is open, feel free to look.
  • Selah722
    Selah722 Posts: 86 Member
    susanmc31 wrote: »
    They also have entries in the food section as well. I put mine in for breakfast. Diary is open, feel free to look.
    That's really cool! I was kinda wondering the same thing... kinda off topic, What would you do during your pregnancy? would it be wisest to just set your calories to "maintain" so you don't over eat but still gain the necessary "baby weight"? or does MFP have a way you can factor that into your calories? My husband and I are thinking about starting a family soon. I'd like to stay on track as much as possible with my weight loss, but also make sure the baby grows healthily.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Selah722 wrote: »
    That's really cool! I was kinda wondering the same thing... kinda off topic, What would you do during your pregnancy? would it be wisest to just set your calories to "maintain" so you don't over eat but still gain the necessary "baby weight"? or does MFP have a way you can factor that into your calories? My husband and I are thinking about starting a family soon. I'd like to stay on track as much as possible with my weight loss, but also make sure the baby grows healthily.

Talk to your doctor. They should be able to give you targets appropraite for you and your situation. They may want you to eat at maintenance while you are trying for better conception rates or you may need to keep losing to attain those rates. Depending on your weight they may advise different pregnancy gain ranges too. It is wise to have a consultation with your doctor before you even officially start trying, they would rather get you on the right page earlier than later. I know since I got married my doctor blantanly opens the door for that conversation every time I go. Next visit take full advantage of your time with them.
  • Selah722
    Selah722 Posts: 86 Member
    Thanks!