Starbucks? HELP!

Options
JaydeSkye
JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
Please Help! I have to meet an important client at Starbucks this afternoon and I don't want to be awkward and not order something; but truthfully I don't want anything. Since this is my career, I'd hate to blow it over something this stupid. I need to order SOMETHING so my client doesn't feel awkward and just stuck it up. What is my best option? I've cut most sugar and dairy from my diet. I do eat natural sugar and small amounts of plain Greek yogurt. I've never drank a coffee in my life. I looked at the menu and I don't even know what half of those things are! Lol How are the protein shakes/smoothies that they make? Anyone have any advice? Thank you!!!!!!!!

Replies

• dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    one meal won't kill you... it's an important client. Your job is more important than going over calories
  • amandademas
    Options
    You could always order a hot or iced tea. You can request that they make it unsweetened. You can also request they add raw sugar if you'd like. If you don't want the caffeine that most teas have, you can get an iced or hot passion tea, which is decaf. Don't be afraid to ask your baristas what other options they have available. All locations are different and have different things available. If tea isn't your thing, you could always order a skinny hot chocolate. I hope this helps!
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Americano.with stevia and milk
  • abbykargol
    abbykargol Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Most Starbucks have tea, which is what I usually get. If the one you go to doesn't, I would go with the skinny vanilla latte because it has 100 calories and less sugar than most drinks
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Does the Starbucks in your country have a different menu from the ones in the US?

Just order an unsweetened iced tea and a salad or the fruit salad.

They also have a chicken and hummus box that would probably fit your diet as well.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Probably too late to ask now, but if you aren't a coffee drinker, why choose to meet a client at a coffee shop?
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Just order a coffee, but take small sips few times and that's it
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    With 685 net calories as the highest entry in your limited food diary, go for anything that looks tasty. Have two.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Have an iced tea...unsweetened, black, green or passion (no caffeine) all are zero calories unsweetened. OR you could have a splenda in them instead of the sugar.

The new smoothies are good...mango carrot is my favorite and all have under 250 calories (the mango carrot is 230, sweet greens is 160). They only have sugars from the fruit in them.
  • JaydeSkye
    Options
    I have already said that I'm just going to suck it up and order something, I'm asking people who go to Starbucks for advice on WHAT TO ORDER. My client flew in to meet with me so I let her choose the place, coffee shops are pretty common (I'm the weirdo who doesn't drink coffee.)

Thank you to those who made suggestions, I appreciate your input. I did review the menu but didn't see anything that was an obvious choice. They do offer protein shakes/smoothies. Have any of you tried them or know if they're any good?

My country is the USA. I live on Hollywood Beach, just outside of Miami.

Thanks for reading my food diary before commenting but I would've appreciated advice over sarcasm. My "net" calories are low because I do endurance training. I have been a member of MFP since 2010 but only recently started using the app again. Glad to see the Expert Trolls still lurk the message boards. Lol
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Well..good luck. I'm sure with that attitude you'll be sure to land the client!

• viciouslitany
    viciouslitany Posts: 187 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Venti unsweetened passion tea.
    Venti unsweetened green tea.
    Venti peach and passion hot tea.
    Tall skinny caramel macchiato with coconut milk.
    Grande very berry hibiscus refresher.
    Tall coconut milk misto with Splenda.
    Tall skinny mocha frap with coconut milk.

I could literally go on for days, here.
    These are all under 150 kcal, pretty sure.

edited to say:
    I love my job, but don't get a smoothie.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Endurance training is now an excuse to net dangerous levels ... who knew? What I provided wasn't sarcastic ... it is advice based on the obvious issues revealed in your diary. Your resorting to name calling doesn't eliminate, or even mitigate, those issues.
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Well..good luck. I'm sure with that attitude you'll be sure to land the client!
    Yep.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I usually tell them I'd like whatever tea they have that doesn't have more than tea in it. Also, they just added coconut milk to the milk-alternative menu, but I haven't searched to find out the ingredients of their coconut milk. I had a chai tea latte with coconut as the milk, but it was really sweet so either the coconut milk has sugar or the chai is a syrup flavor and not tea flavor. So back to ordering plain tea for me! (hot or iced, I don't mind)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I usually tell them I'd like whatever tea they have that doesn't have more than tea in it. Also, they just added coconut milk to the milk-alternative menu, but I haven't searched to find out the ingredients of their coconut milk. I had a chai tea latte with coconut as the milk, but it was really sweet so either the coconut milk has sugar or the chai is a syrup flavor and not tea flavor. So back to ordering plain tea for me! (hot or iced, I don't mind)

The chai tea latte has a syrup in it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yes, their chai (most chai in the US) is a sweetened beverage.

If I were going to Starbucks and didn't like coffee I'd get tea or iced tea. Or you can buy a bottle of water--I've done that as an excuse to use their restrooms before.

If I were meeting someone at Starbucks I'd probably not assume we were going to eat anything, although you can, of course.
  • JaydeSkye
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate the help. I'll look to the tea and ask for more info inside. Thank you :)

PS. I already landed the client, but please continue with your unsolicited insults..... you clearly need it to feel better about yourself. Here's a virtual hug for your sad life.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    One person in this thread resorted to insults. That person is the OP.
  • JaydeSkye
    Options
    Listen, I have more important things to do than sit here and have a full blown argument on the internet with you. I came here to ask for suggestions of what to order. I thanked those who responded with actual information. The rest of you can take a hike.
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    Just grab a tea.