Suggestions

can any of you take a look at my diary and tell me if I am not eating the right foods or if there are any foods I should be eating that could help with the weight loss process. My weight keeps changing one time I went on the scale 2 days Ina. Row and it said I lost 2 pounds the first day and the next day when I went on it said I gained like 3 I don't get it help! I workout a lot too!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    You are not weighing all of your food. Using cups for calorie dense foods like granola and using generic sizes for things like fruit can result in you underestimating the calories you're actually consuming. You also have some serving sizes that may be too small (1 ounce of apple pie?).

However, even if you're doing everything right, your weight will probably change daily. Weight fluctuates up and down, so the long term trend is what is important to pay attention to.

How long have you been tracking your calories?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited April 2015
    Firstly, daily fluctuations are completely normal and expected. Many people fluctuate up to 5lbs from one day to the next. This is especially true if you work out as your muscles retain water to repair. Some people deal with the fluctuations by weighing each day and logging weight in a spreadsheet so that it's easy to see the general trend (this is what I do), others weigh less often.

All I can say about your diary is the same as someone in your other thread and that's to make sure you're weighing your food with a food scale. There's no right or wrong foods with weight loss, just the right amount of calories. Looks like you're doing great! Good luck!
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    A weight fluctuation of anywhere from 1-7 pounds within a few days can be seen depending on how much sodium you've taken in (causes water retention, which makes the number on the scale higher, even though you haven't actually gained fat), whether or not you are having regular bowel movements, and where you are in your menstrual cycle. So don't be too concerned if you see some fluctuation.
    I would say as far as what you eat, just make sure you log everything, even condiments and that sort of thing, because those can add up quickly. Make sure you are being accurate and honest with yourself as far as amounts eaten. Try to keep your sodium intake on the lower end, due to the fact that it can cause water retention. And just make sure you are drinking plenty of water and getting a good balance of all the nutrients; protein, complex carbs, vitamins, healthy fats, and a god amount of fiber every day.

It sounds like you are working hard though and making good progress, so keep it up and try not to get too caught up in worrying about fluctuations on the scale each day
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    You definitely don't seem to be going too high in sodium on a regular basis, but you aren't logging your water so it's tough to say if you've had enough. The water retention is definitely worse if you haven't drank anything or regularly don't drink enough and then have too much sodium in one day. Even too much sodium is bad for just that one day if you DO drink enough. Water retention is a pain and can make you gain quite a lot. You can't even lose it quickly. It packs on at once and then it comes off in a week. It can be very frustrating, but yes, daily fluctuations are normal. Just be honest and accurate while logging and you will eventually see the scale come down.