The "click" (NSV maybe)

Options
TheVirgoddess
TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
edited April 2015 in Success Stories
Today marks 345 days of logging in, recording my food, being mindfully active. I've lost 73.2 pounds so far.

Up until this point, however, I've had the mind-body disconnect. I'd still see old me in the mirror. If I happened to see my shadow, I would dismiss it. The girl in the photos wasn't really me. It was like I didn't really do all this hard work and who I am now was an illusion. It was like I was lying to everyone.

In the mirror, I'd see this girl:

so696c82czac.jpg

Finally, FINALLY this week, I started seeing this girl

nrh3t55cj31y.jpg

And it was amazing. I look good - I've done some amazing things to my body and I'm ridiculously proud of myself. I really looked at myself this morning and cried. A good cry. It's been really hard to not be able to see yourself. After nearly a year of busting my rear, I met the new me. And she's fabulous.

I feel like I can literally do anything.

Replies

• Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Aw!! That's amazing! Not to mention, she's absolutely beautiful too! I so happy you saw the new you! Great job, and happy anniversary on your weight loss!!
  • mnfarmgal
    mnfarmgal Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I don't even know you.. but felt joy for you finally seeing yourself!!
  • ecismotivated
    ecismotivated Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations on all of your hard work!! :smile:
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING! I'm glad you reach the point where you can see yourself the way you are!
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - that's a big step (I'm not there yet :smile: ) that I don't think people who haven't been through all aspects of this will ever understand. Good for you!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    The new you sure shows a lot of sparkle in her eyes. Congratulations!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    73 pounds and @ 20 years!! You look fantastic!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous, and I love the big smiles from both of you! I've lost less, but I still find it hard to accept the new me at times, especially if I go clothes shopping.
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic! Your daughter is adorable BTW! Good job Mom!
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!! <3
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud! I love your "after" photo even more because your daughter's in it with you. The two of you look so much alike!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    beautiful - I hope I can do as well as you
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    brynnsmom wrote: »
    You should be very proud! I love your "after" photo even more because your daughter's in it with you. The two of you look so much alike!

The second photo is pretty special to me - it's the first time she put her arm around me and it fit :)
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!