Do you weigh yorself daily? Weekly? Monthly?

Options
I have officially recommitted to regular weighins. My old scale died and I failed to replace it in a timely manner....gained 17 pounds within a 10 month period. :-( I have taken off a few this week (now only 15 to go) and I'm now recommitted to paying attention. I am not someone who can be left alone to my own devices. I really need to give up my late evening snack too.

Replies

• D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    If I don't weigh myself regularly, I gain weight. I try to weigh several times a week.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Me too. If I don't weigh myself regularly, I will gain a bit of weight.

I weigh myself first thing in the morning, right before I hop into the shower. I always take note of my Monday weigh-ins but I've noticed that I weigh the least on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
  • shezza4mobee
    shezza4mobee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have issues with that one, I admit. Some would probably think I'm out of control, BUT it works for me.
    I weigh myself twice daily. Morning right after waking up and well, a pee break, and PM, right before I call it a night and know I wont eat or drink anything additional.
    Then, I have two official weekly weigh in's. One at the YMCA with a team and another one at my Weight Watcher's meeting.
    The YMCA one is better because it's motivating me to go to the gym, the WW one I actually cancelled and this morning was my last meet. (this platform is working better for me in terms of tracking).
    Why do I do twice a day weigh in's : well, it gives me a better idea of how I react to food, of emotional fluctuations and also period, etc.
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Weigh in weekly, measure every other week, adjust weight loss goals monthly as needed, try on smaller clothes once a month.
  • Lablady22
    Lablady22 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was getting obsessed with the scale so last weekend I had my boyfriend hide it. I feel lost without it but it's refreshing. I was getting discouraged because I'm working so hard and not really seeing it on the scale even though I am seeing it in other ways. I am going to try to stay away from the scale for a month but we'll see.
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Athos282 wrote: »
    Weigh in weekly, measure every other week, adjust weight loss goals monthly as needed, try on smaller clothes once a month.

Similar to this. Weigh in weekly, electronically measure %Body Fat weekly, tape measure waist, arms, etc. and then calculate body fat using Military formula once each month.
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Lablady22 wrote: »
    I was getting obsessed with the scale so last weekend I had my boyfriend hide it. I feel lost without it but it's refreshing. I was getting discouraged because I'm working so hard and not really seeing it on the scale even though I am seeing it in other ways. I am going to try to stay away from the scale for a month but we'll see.

I feel the same way. I get disappointed that I am not seeing drastic results and get discouraged. I put my scale in an inconvenient spot, up and away. I am now going to try weighing in and measuring once a month.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Sometimes daily, but mostly weekly. I only log the Saturday weigh-in weight though.
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Daily... Which depresses me A LOT, since the changes are so insignificant...
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning after I have used the loo. Always on the weekend when I am off because I would hate to have bad news from the scale and go into work with a bad/upset mood. I already hate my job as it is.
  • mwagone
    mwagone Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lablady22 wrote: »

I feel the same way. I get disappointed that I am not seeing drastic results and get discouraged. I put my scale in an inconvenient spot, up and away. I am now going to try weighing in and measuring once a month.

Same here. I couldn't keep myself off of it and it had a habit of ruining my mood for the day if I didn't see the results I expected so my fiance got rid of it. It's been hard not to have it around, though. I'm worried that without it I may gain and not realize it.
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Daily, record on another site, just to help me focus. Weekly, record here. Measure on 1st of month.
  • PowerKickChic
    PowerKickChic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Daily, but as you probably already know, you have to understand some days you can be up 2 pounds and the next day down 4 because your body is weird like that.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and document it on an Excel spreadsheet. It graphs it out for me. I love being able to see different weight trends.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    every week or so. it's happened that I've accidentally weighed myself on a weirdly low day (maybe when i've dropped water weight), which is annoying, but over time a pattern should become clear.
  • sporttabasco
    sporttabasco Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. Anymore than that, and I would drive myself crazy!
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Daily, it's given me a better understanding how weightloss isn't linear. Also, seeing I'm up a kilo for a few days is a keeps me in line and is a good motivation.
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Every week