Vacation

Options
BklynFitGuy
BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
I'll be going on a cruise in the summer. Although I'll control my eating, I won't be carrying my phone to log everything. I don't want to lose my streak. I'm curious if I go back at the end of the week and add in the missed entries if it will keep my streak going?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Once you've missed a day you can't (as far as I know) fix the broken streak. You could ask someone to log in for you like you might ask someone to feed the cat while you're gone haha
  • BklynFitGuy
    Options
    Once you've missed a day you can't (as far as I know) fix the broken streak. You could ask someone to log in for you like you might ask someone to feed the cat while you're gone haha

Ah too bad. Cool cosplay by the way.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    You have to at least log in to maintain your streak. I had the same issue on vacation recently - the wifi was terrible so I couldn't log my meals. I just logged in every day to maintain the streak but didn't input my food LOL.
  • BklynFitGuy
    Options
    Thank you @MissAbbee
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You're going on holiday - let yourself have a break. Get back to it when you return. Normal day to day life shouldn't be about logging absolutely every thing "OR ELSE". Yeah, you may put on a few pounds but if I went on holiday and DIDN'T put on a few pounds, I obviously haven't enjoyed myself. It's not like you'll be doing this all the time. Treat yourself.
  • BklynFitGuy
    Options
    Thanks @PinkPixiexox . I actually did slack off while I was away but my concern was about losing my streak. Guess I'm a bit ocd lol.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I've not tried this, but apparently even if you don't have wifi/data connection but log into mfp you wont lose your streak. When I go on holidays I forget about logging, the break does me the world of good :smiley: I just practice mindful eating/everything in moderation and it works. I'm a twice a year cruiser and never put on more than 2 or 3lbs in a two week vacation. I do walk around 20k steps a day though. :smile:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've taken 2 cruises since joining MFP - say goodbye to that streak! One of mine was a very long streak - like over a year and then it was gone....
  • madcat444
    madcat444 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a twice a year cruiser and never put on more than 2 or 3lbs in a two week vacation. I do walk around 20k steps a day though. :smile:

I think I can put that on in a day on a cruise :s hence the reason I'm here! :D

Two weeks in Italy coming up this month the off on Epic round Iberian Peninsula in October :smiley:

• LoveIshie
    LoveIshie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your vacation and take a break mate! The best thing is try to remember your portion sizes if you can. Exercise if you can and take advantage of walking. Remember live to eat not eat to live.
  • madcat444
    madcat444 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks (assuming you meant me Lovelshie :) ), I do walk a lot on vacation so Italy won't be too much of a problem, cruise on the other hand......lol :D