Starving at night!

Options
13»

Replies

• SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Also - and I hope this doesn't sound terribly lame - drinking a nice, hot cup of tea helps settle any night hunger. For me, at least. If I add a stick of cinnamon, it's even more soothing and comforting = )

A small handful of almonds and/or a piece of dark chocolate also hits the spot.
  • JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's reassuring to see how many other people struggle with the night munchies!

Thanks for all the new food ideas

I've been doing salads, pretzels with salsa, yogurt and CF tea
  • jilly30
    jilly30 Posts: 43
    Options
    I do Tea too!!! I haven't put cinnamon in it though. That's a great idea! TY
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    When I feel hungry at night I have a sachet of porridge without milk. It's only 100 calories and it takes the hunger pangs away!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Try a yogurt with fat or cheese stick. Celery with pb. Fats keep you full. And protein. Space your meals evenly like every 3 hours. This helps and make sure you are fetting enough fats (healthy -avocado, walnuts, almonds, olives,coconut oil, walnut or avocado oils) and protein.
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sweepypie wrote: »
    When I feel hungry at night I have a sachet of porridge without milk. It's only 100 calories and it takes the hunger pangs away!

I am now on the big bowl porridge sachets made with water (146 calories). I have it about two nights a week.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have had to lower my breakfast and lunch calories to save room for a snack at night. It is so easy for me to eat 500+ calories for breakfast.

As much as I tried to make that work, (because I LOVE breakfast), I could not sustain that type of eating and lose weight. I had to change it up.

So do tweaking and figure out a strategy that works for you.
  • murk01
    murk01 Posts: 4
    Options
    Only have carbs at breakfast, and defiantly no carbs for dinner.
    The drop in blood glucose causes hunger, as well as training. Don't cheat, stick with it. After u become accustomed to not eating after a certain time, the hunger goes away
  • jilly30
    jilly30 Posts: 43
    Options
    Thank you :wink: these have all been very helpful.