HELP I AM A NIGHT SNACKER

Options
2»

Replies

• tyismc
    tyismc Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I would just plan an evening snack that fits your calorie goal.
    Make sure you are getting enough, protein, fiber and fats.

Are you exercising? Are you eating some of your calories earned through exercise? It is okay to do that.
    Is your calorie goal right? How much do you want to lose each week?

I do exercise. About 3 times a week with cardio and core.

• tyismc
    tyismc Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    tyismc wrote: »
    I need help here. I recently left weight watchers, followed their point system to a Tee and only lost 4 pounds in the 3 months that I was with them. I eat very healthy during the day because I pack my lunch and eat a fairly healthy dinner but seem to get hungry about an hour to 2 hours later. I don't bring junk food in my home but will find my self getting a small bowl of dry cheerios or a slice of toast or whatever. I don't like doing this. I have tried to actually think if I am actually hungry or just bored. It feels like I am actually hungry. The night snacking will tend to put me over the points I was allowed daily on WW or a little over the calories Im allowed during the day on Fitness Pal. What can I do to help with this?

Make a rule that you can only eat ONCE a day, followed by no calories. That way, you will break those annoying craving-following tendencies. You will also simplify your life and budget. Go here and here.

Oh dear. Well, that's AN option, but not your ONLY option. I'd try some of the other things first.

Eating once a day is not an option, thank you for the advise. But that is also very dangerous. IT can cause binge eating and also lowers blood sugar levels causing all sorts of problems.

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    When it fits your calorie allowance i dont see the problem.

I am a evening snacker. Every evening between 9 and 10 i eat a huge bowl (80 gr unpopped) of air-popped popcorn.
    And i lost 80 pounds in 6 months

So dont really see the problem here.

When you dont like the habit oke, stop doing it than and live and get used to the fact you dont eat after a certain time ( for what ever reason you have)
    But eating at night a snack doesn't hurt your weight loss journey as long it fits in your calorie allowance.

• Wreathy
    Wreathy Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Make a rule that you can only eat ONCE a day, followed by no calories. That way, you will break those annoying craving-following tendencies. You will also simplify your life and budget. Go here and here.

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    I need help here. I recently left weight watchers, followed their point system to a Tee and only lost 4 pounds in the 3 months that I was with them. I eat very healthy during the day because I pack my lunch and eat a fairly healthy dinner but seem to get hungry about an hour to 2 hours later. I don't bring junk food in my home but will find my self getting a small bowl of dry cheerios or a slice of toast or whatever. I don't like doing this. I have tried to actually think if I am actually hungry or just bored. It feels like I am actually hungry. The night snacking will tend to put me over the points I was allowed daily on WW or a little over the calories Im allowed during the day on Fitness Pal. What can I do to help with this?

Oh dear. Well, that's AN option, but not your ONLY option. I'd try some of the other things first.

Eating once a day is not an option, thank you for the advise. But that is also very dangerous. IT can cause binge eating and also lowers blood sugar levels causing all sorts of problems.

The other thing I would worry about with eating once a day is vitamins and minerals that you need for your day, some of them block the absorption of others and some of them your body can only absorb a certain amount at a time and the rest will just pass through you, so eating all at once you might eventually notice your body is not getting the proper amount of nutrients due to compromised absorption. Plus me personally I feel really nauseous when I get really hungry so eating once a day would definitely not work for me, plus I really couldn't eat my daily calories within an hour without feeling super stuffed and miserable or eating something high in calories which usually isn't fruits/veg/lean meats etc. Not to mention socially most people enjoy getting together with friends and family and sharing a meal so one meal a day would potentially make that more difficult. But different things work for different people, I just wanted to point out a few possible problems with the once a day eating.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    protein and fats for sustainability.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I find a cup of tea helps. I am usually in bed by 9 and have my tea at 8. If I start getting munchy hungry around I just keep reminding myself to hold on until 8. Works for me