Fitbit Charge HR?

I have a Fitbit One-which I love and wear religiously-and a Polar FT60-which I also love and wear when working out.

I've just been reading about the Fibit Charge HR-do I want one? If I get a Fitbit Charge HR would it be enough to get rid of the One and the FT60?

Do you have one? What do you love? What do you hate? Does anyone have the "falling off" problem like the Fitbit predecessors? I opted for the One over the wrist-type counters previously because I heard that when carrying my purse, it wouldn't record steps properly or that steps were being counted for arm movements, etc. Has any of this been improved with the Charge HR?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Well I don't have one, but I can tell you that it has a normal clasp. Oddly enough, they decided to put watch like buckles on the ChargeHR and Surge, but the regular charge has the same stupid clip as the Flex.
  • JonKinarthy
    JonKinarthy Posts: 44 Member
    As luck would have it, I just typed out a PM to someone today about mine. Here goes.

I have a Fitbit Charge HR. I had been wanting an activity tracker since I started on MFP, but couldn't really justify the money. Then once I had enough saved, I looked around and the one I wanted was the Fitbit Force, but the same week that I was going to buy one they started getting recalled because people were having skin reactions. So I decided that when whatever was replacing that came out, I'd spring. Come February, the Charge HR was released, and I've had mine for about 7 weeks.

The three things I wanted out of an activity tracker was steps and stairs counted, sleep tracked, and heartrate tracked. Heartrate was especially important to me because you can get a much more accurate count of calories burned if the tracker knows your heart rate. It can even know you are burning more calories while lifting weights without you having log to log each rep, because as you lift your hr goes up and that translats into increased calorie burn.

The first month I had it, my skin got dry and slightly red, but I loosened it by one notch and now it's fine. I wear it 24/7 except for when I'm swimming or in the shower, or for one hour every 5 days to charge. It's ok to be get splashed, like I don't have to worry when washing my hands, but it can't be immersed.

The dashboard is really cool, it tracks a lot of stuff in a single page, and you can click anything for more detail. You can check out my fitbit profile at //www.fitbit.com/user/36XF5H if you want.

I also like that it syncs food with MFP, so I don't have to log food in two places. It tracks calories in calories out like MFP, and one of the things you can track is total calories burned for the day up to that point.

As far as the bad stuff goes, I can think of two things. First, figuring out how to get all the syncs right between MFP, Fitbit and phone-based workout tracked Endomondo was a bear, it took me about a week of trying different things every day to get it just how I like it. Second, since I got it I found out there is another company's tracker that can track heartrate while in the water, and fitbit doesn't have a model that can, so I'm kinda wishing that it could. When I got it my foot wasn't hurt so walking was my main calorie burn, but now that I'm swimming I have to rely on estimates for calorie burn. Once I get back to walking (this weekend if everything pans out), I'm not going to swim much anymore, so it won't be as big a problem.

Jon
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2015
    edit: wrong thread
  • Firekeeper66
    Firekeeper66 Posts: 116 Member
    Wow, thanks for your message Jon, just what I was looking for. Can I ask what the other water friendly tracker is so I can compare reviews on that one (although I *am* a Fitbit fan).
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    I would like to know too. I've been waiting to get mine. I want it in plum but its out of stock everywhere I've looked. I've read a lot of good reviews online. As for it falling off. It shouldn't because it has a clasp just like a regular watch.
  • momswanson
    momswanson Posts: 76 Member
    I'd like to know about the water resistant monitor, as well. I know that Jawbone is supposed to be coming out with a band with a HRM but I don't know if it will be water resistant. I have a jawbone up 24 now and I love the product, their customer service sucks!
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Here is a link for the Fitbit Community forum for the Fitbit Charge HR: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-HR/bd-p/chargeHR
    It may help answer your questions and learn of successes and failures with the tracker.