Food for competition day??

Options
So, tomorrow is finally the day - cheer competition! We leave at 6.15am, compete at 3, then leave at about 8.30/9 so won't be home till 10pm! So yeah, looong day! I'm packing food to take with me because arena food is sooo expensive (although technically we're not allowed to bring food, but I'll hide it) :wink:

So I was wondering -- What is some good food to take with me?? I've bought a few things such as some greek yogurt, some bread for a sandwich etc... Anyone got any good ideas on what to eat to keep me fuelled? :smiley:

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    carbs..lots of carbs for energy
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Whatever you eat you want to make sure your body is USED to it. Take food your body is used to eating prior to cheering practices/games. It's never a good idea to try new foods/clothes/equipment on "game" day. Obviously take things that are small/portable and don't require refrigeration. I love apples, bananas, trail mix, Cliff bars, etc for traveling. But I also know my body can sustain and perform off of them because I've done so in practice and past performances.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Pack some bread and Starkist tuna salad pouches. Squeeze the pouch onto the bread and you have a tuna salad sandwich, no refrigeration required.

Apples, oranges, carrots, no refrigeration required.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    esjones12 wrote: »
    Whatever you eat you want to make sure your body is USED to it. Take food your body is used to eating prior to cheering practices/games. It's never a good idea to try new foods/clothes/equipment on "game" day. Obviously take things that are small/portable and don't require refrigeration. I love apples, bananas, trail mix, Cliff bars, etc for traveling. But I also know my body can sustain and perform off of them because I've done so in practice and past performances.

I agree. I've never seen your diary, but you don't want to stray from what your body is used to when competing in anything. You may get bloated, experience a drop in energy levels, etc. No bueno. Stick to what you normally eat and if you are gonna make any changes to your diet do it at a later time.