P90 Program

Options
kandell
kandell Posts: 473 Member
Last year I bought the P90 DVD set. Never touched it. Today I've decided to start the program in an effort to actually attain my fitness goals.

I'm looking for some insight from people who have done the program before.

About how fit were you before starting the program?
What was your height/weight?
How long did it take to see results?
What was your daily caloric intake?
How much of a struggle was the program?

Replies

• Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My sister got P90X when it first came out. I gave it a try and stopped. I think it was def a guys without. I can't to an hour of shoulders and biceps lol. Read up on P90X3. It's a shorter duration.
  • ditchett
    ditchett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just started it, pretty tough!
  • sttammell
    sttammell Posts: 3
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's for women too, I did it about a year and a half ago and am doing it again now. I was in great shape when I started it last time so I didn't measure or weigh myself or anything, I just wanted a new workout that I could do at home. I could almost keep up with the women in the videos my first week that time around. This time I am doing about a third of what they can do. But, it increases with every week. I was in cardiovascular shape before this one, it is the resistance training that I am struggling with, but I feel great, and I am getting stronger with every workout.
    Women typically see the results in days 60 to 90 because your muscles fill with water and your metabolism is adjusting to the new diet and exercise. You may think you are getting fatter for those first 30 days, but if you stick with it after your muscles repair and your metabolism increases due to muscle mass and diet you will start seeing it pretty quickly after that. You should feel great though (but I like being sore after a workout).
    Results in days 45 to 90
    Calories per day 2200 weight 145, will be 135 at end (I don't look like 145, muscle)
    5 foot 6 inches
    First week is a struggle to keep going but as you keep doing it you realize you can do it. Modify to finish.

Every workout is a struggle in this because you should be pushing yourself to your best. And the yoga, man it kicked my butt the entire time lol. Good luck, you got this.
  • russellvolk
    russellvolk Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I did the original Power 90 and had great success. Lost about 30 lbs in 90 days. Never skipped a workout. Then took a little break and ordered the new P90. Did the first couple of days and hated it. Tony was great, but the moves were so uncomfortable. I felt like a circus monkey doing those moves. Returned the program immediately. I'm starting Power 90 again on Monday.

My wife just recently ordered 21 Day Fix and I watched those moves and that workout looks tough, but the moves are fairly straight forward. They're easy to understand and follow.

I just absolutely hated P90, especially when you had to attach the bands to the door.
  • emilyj613
    emilyj613 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 4 of P90 (actual P90, not the old Power 90, or P90X or anything)! I've lost about 10 pounds in 4 weeks. I have about 90 pounds to lose (I'm really overweight and not fit at all is what I'm getting at! hahaha) I eat about 1400 calories a day. And the program is tough, but do-able. I'm not sore to the point of being miserable all day. Actually, I'm not usually sore hardly at all.

84539652.png
  • htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Day 39 or 40 for me. I'm into level B which is tough, but does get easier. At first, I thought it would kill me. I'm scared to get to C. lol

When I started I was a complete couch potato. I do modify some. I didn't feel sore in level A, but now in B there is some soreness.

I think it has actually stalled my weight loss a little, but I can see changes in my body. Eating the same calories as before I started. Since day one I've lost at least 5lbs (started at 185, 5'5"). On the 30 day measurements, I'd barely lost anything.

I'm committed to finish the 90 days.