How to Let Go of Anger

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If I am feeling any amount of anger it's best for me to not drink because it magnifies my emotions and makes me less able to deal with them. A book that helped me is: Anger: Wisdom for cooling the flames by Thich Nhat Hanh. I think it helps to understand why you are angry. Is there something very big that you have reason to have anger over that you need to do something to face, acknowledge, express, process, talk about those feelings in order to move forward. Or are you dealing with some low level depression, something lacking in your life, an unbalanced diet, something that is resulting in you being grumpy to lots of things. I say deal with big anger that comes from something that you need to acknowledge. Or meditate, reduce stress, cultivate happiness, try not to dwell, avoid the things that bring up anger if it's something unnecessary to your life. And sometimes it helps to get a wider perspective on things by focusing on what you are grateful for.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Dead lift
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    sex and weed

• lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Dead lift

+1
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Forgiveness and prayer.

Most of the time people do/say stuff because of what's going on with them.

Feel sorry for them and remember that you are also not perfect and people you love have forgiven you as well.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    sex and weed
    sex and weed
    sex and weed

• kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    sex and weed
    sex and weed
    sex and weed

See above
  • TheProudDadLife
    TheProudDadLife Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    workout, prayer, reading the bible, or seek counsel from a close trust friend
  • Bugdude54
    Bugdude54 Posts: 137 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't get angry. I get even
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    Bugdude54 wrote: »
    I don't get angry. I get even

I get odd
  • JackieVey
    JackieVey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Listen if your harboring anger and negative feelings....ask yourself why. Obviously there is something or someone in your life that you are upset about. You need to talk about it and then come up with a list of solutions. Sometimes its not so simple to ignore things and listen to music and exercise in the hopes that the feelings will go away...because at the end of the day they will still be there. Talk to a family member or friend or even a stranger. Communication is key : )
  • Bulk1969
    Bulk1969 Posts: 87
    Options
    Smash!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Anger is a tough emotion for me. I find that anger generally leads to fear and guilt for me. Drawing and writing help me process this and come to terms with my feelings in a healthy way. Depending on what the anger is in response to, or what it brings up for me, relaxation and visualisation can help. I'm endeavouring to do regular yoga to help myself be a bit calmer, generally.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    mastur bate
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Take it out on the weights, or boxing/MMA.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    mastur bate

I__m_a_master_baiter_by_McTwistex.png
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    There was a time in my life that I was angry all the time, even hateful. My friends called caustic. There was just so many disappointments and then there was the divorce. At one point I just realized I was burning up with anger. I asked God to please just take some of this anger away. He took it all.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    The one thing I don't do about my anger is eat over it.

But the rest is a process. Acknowledge and once I'm aware of it, find that I am confronted with opportunities to deal with it over and over. Slowly make small changes in the way I deal with it. It's a long process.