Personal Mantra

Options
Does anyone use an affirmative personal mantra to help you stay motivated? If so, does it work? ....and can you tell me what your mantra is? Thanks!

Replies

• DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it counts as a mantra, but when I'm struggling and feeling like I'm weak willed I say to myself, "Grow stronger. Be well." I say it over and over as encouragement to keep at it and a kind of self-hug.
  • mrsswisspea
    mrsswisspea Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I say two things, when I have a craving it's "can you bear it, just for today?"

The second sounds really cheesy, and it's kinda embarrassing, but I came up with it on my own and it works in every situation. It's basically "mind over matter". It's just: "you are the master"... somehow, it's been working for me!
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome mantras you guys, keep them coming. I need to find one that I can alter or adopt. I want to find something to keep me motivated so my subconscious can help me, not hurt me.
  • KrysKiss87
    KrysKiss87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    my personal mantra is very Cliche but it is "Never Quit. Never Surrender" I always tell myself if I could carry a child for 9 months in my body, it must be strong enough to handle almost anything.
  • KrysKiss87
    KrysKiss87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Another one I use is "know your limitations, and then Defy them"
  • notanotherjohnson
    notanotherjohnson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    when running - "your legs do what you tell them to"
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Serenity now
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    "no rads on the nads" .............wait that's my work mantra. Lol

"start as you mean to go on"
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Got this from another poster but it works for me...

I don't want to be mediocre anymore, I'm better than I used to be.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I was 19... sitting on the side of a country road... it was MY first real job... and I said to myself... "what the hell did you get yourself into?..." I was 400 miles from home... living out of a motel with a bunch of strangers... I could have gone to College BUT I decided to make a living using my muscle instead of my brain... then a voice in my head said.. " The world needs ditch diggers to so...IF you are going to be a ditch digger be the BEST ditch digger you can possibly be..." Been working on digging one type of a ditch or another ever since... maybe NOT a mantra... maybe more of a personal philosophy... BE the best ditch digger the world has ever seen.
  • Danixkm
    Danixkm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    "You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great."

"The body achieves what the mind believes."

I love motivational quotes and like a few I've seen. Just use them when the time calls for it =)
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    "It's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done," which I first heard in an Orbital song but they probably lifted it from somewhere else.

I use it to remind myself that action is better than inaction.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    "Just do it."

"You are what you do, not what you say you'll do."
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I remember where I was in high school. I took weight lifting and how much I weighed didn't matter, it was what I could make my body DO!
    I try to remember that and a lot of times I find myself saying out loud "You did it ONCE, you can do it AGAIN!"
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Probably not very positive, but mine would be "Come on, fatty..." lol
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    "you can do this"
    "You are doing it"

"You did it!!!!"
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    It's hard to explain, but my personal mantra is "There are some things you have to do alone."
    I spent too many years expecting everyone to "help" me get it done. I spent a lot of time angry at my family and friends because I basically expected them to hold my hand and walk me through the whole weight loss thing. I had to realize that I'm the one making the choices about what I'm doing. So while I love support where I can get it, I am considering this journey a very personal "me" thing.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Take what you want and pay for it, says God.
  • buttonblue
    buttonblue Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    "Suck it up, princess" - mainly used when doing ab work. :wink: