You just have to love yourself enough...

Options
So, today marks 2 weeks of cutting out wine, sugars, and mostly starch, and I've gone down from 205 to197. Lately, I've been giving myself only child sized portions of food, limiting the types of food I'll let myself eat. I also noticed that it is also a no brainer for me to say no to foods that I'd normally be crying for. Today, for instance, my mother and grandmother are in town for a couple days, I get out my elliptical this morning to try to get in my workout before my daughter wakes up and they come over from the hotel. I get my workout clothes on, get my elliptical in the middle of the room and actually get on it to start my workout when BAM-the door bell rings. Hello family!

So they immediately whisk us off to a day of shopping and cooking, and leave at almost 10pm. I sit on my couch for almost an hour mulling over if I should work out or not. So, I just get on my machine and get going. About 13 minutes into the workout my husband comes home with my favorite wine, I shook my head and told him to pour it down the drain.

WAIT WHAT???!!!

Then, I swear, my light bulb came on. I just love me. And I love me enough to pull out my elliptical in the middle of the night and do my work out. I'm not tired, there's nothing wrong with me. I don't go to work till 9 am, there is no reason for me not to get a workout in tonight. So my butt got up and got it done. And I feel so good. And I can honestly say, it is MY time, not for my husband nor anyone else, BUT ME.