How to log chicken broth?

Options
so i made chicken broth with leftover bones, celery, onions, carrots, and garlic. I strained everything once it was done So it's just the broth and now I have no idea how to log it. Any ideas?

Replies

• sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Since it was made using the bones, it is probably very low in fat and calories. I would log it using the information for Campbell's or Swanson's fat free chicken broth.
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Honemade broth is listed on mfp
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Not a lot more calories than water if made properly.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i would use one of the swansons or similar. it should be pretty low in calories.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Search for "Soup - stock, chicken" to bring up the non-asterisked (MFP-entered) item.

avnbt3cj9de2.jpg
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I wonder about this, too. If I simmer a short time without soaking, the resulting consistency resembles Swanson (water). If I soak the bones in a slightly acidic solution >12 hrs beforehand (with lemon juice or cider vinegar and just enough water to cover) then fill pot & simmer 5-6 hours, the result is gelatinous at refrigerator temp. Surely their nutritional content differs. Assuming every bit of fat has been skimmed off, I wouldn't expect any in either case.