-help- need oat meal and yogurt ideas

Options
gonebeast
gonebeast Posts: 102 Member
This either my breakfast or post workout meal, half a cup of each but idk how to make it taste better

Replies

• Fitmami222
    Fitmami222 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    add fruit honey cinnamon brown sugar
  • PharmGrl2016
    Options
    Add frozen fruit, sprinkle cinnamon
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    gonebeast wrote: »
    This either my breakfast or post workout meal, half a cup of each but idk how to make it taste better

Easy, stop being such a bro and eat food thay tastes good
  • gonebeast
    Options
    @Acg67 when u got sub-par ab genetics, every meal counts. I'm making all the sacrefices. U probably had an easier time achieving ur physique
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    chopped up cocoa dusted almonds, or pistachios and reduced sugar craisins are my favorite toppings
  • Acg67
    Options
    @Acg67 when u got sub-par ab genetics, every meal counts. I'm making all the sacrefices. U probably had an easier time achieving ur physique

WTF are sub par ab genetics? And how does eating foods you don't really care for the taste of improve them? What are you sacrificing for? got a show coming up?
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    walnuts and maple syrup taste great in either
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Wut?
  • elet27
    elet27 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi @gonebeast I can't eat plain oats too so I found this great recipe that I'm preparing every breakfast, it tastes good and healthy! a must try ;)http://www.nourishweightlossandwellness.com/recipes-item/chia-coconut-bircher-muesli/
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    'Monkey mix' oatmeal

Oats
    Freeze dried banana
    Dark chocolate chips/nibs
    Shredded coconut

Add milk (skim, whole, almond, coconut, cashew) or water.

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's like you were reading my wall. I just posted this overnight oatmeal recipe this morning.

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1/4 cup greek yogurt
    1/4 cup milk
    vanilla extract
    cinnamon
    1/2 tbsp honey or pure maple syrup
    1/2 oz of walnuts.

Mix everything but the walnuts and leave in the fridge overnight. Reheat the next morning and top with walnuts. I also like to add fruit but was out this morning.

You can really add whatever toppings you like. The important thing is a 1:1 ratio of oats to liquid.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options

That's disrespectful, because someone else has the physique you crave you dismiss their efforts as easy and ignore the hard work and discipline they've put in whilst trying to paint yourself as some sort of up against it hero battling all odds. I'm not buying your fantasy.

By the way, peanut butter.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    And stop using text speak.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I use honey and walnuts for both my oatmeal and yogurt. I also make my own granola; this is good in both as well.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It's like you were reading my wall. I just posted this overnight oatmeal recipe this morning.

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1/4 cup greek yogurt
    1/4 cup milk
    vanilla extract
    cinnamon
    1/2 tbsp honey or pure maple syrup
    1/2 oz of walnuts.

Mix everything but the walnuts and leave in the fridge overnight. Reheat the next morning and top with walnuts. I also like to add fruit but was out this morning.

You can really add whatever toppings you like. The important thing is a 1:1 ratio of oats to liquid.

@enterdanger This sounds yummy! I am going to try this. Thanks for sharing!!
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Get on Amazon and order some flavor burst boba balls. Add to either. Bam. Deliciousness.
  • JonathanLepoff
    JonathanLepoff Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Plain cooked oatmeal (no milk) with a fried egg and a little soy sauce on top is very good
  • gonebeast
    Options

That's disrespectful, because someone else has the physique you crave you dismiss their efforts as easy and ignore the hard work and discipline they've put in whilst trying to paint yourself as some sort of up against it hero battling all odds. I'm not buying your fantasy.

It might of sounded that way but I said "easier". Everyone who's been doing this to achieve a certain look knows how difficult it is. The fact that he said not to be such a bro and eat good tasting food just lead me to believe he didn't have to eat foods that aren't enjoyable as much as I do.

I find it true that some people have to put double the effort others do just because its the way their body is. In fact, I have friends who never lift or worry much about their diet but have better looking abs than I do.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions ! Very much appreciated.

• Acg67
    Options

It might of sounded that way but I said "easier". Everyone who's been doing this to achieve a certain look knows how difficult it is. The fact that he said not to be such a bro and eat good tasting food just lead me to believe he didn't have to eat foods that aren't enjoyable as much as I do.

I find it true that some people have to put double the effort others do just because its the way their body is. In fact, I have friends who never lift or worry much about their diet but have better looking abs than I do.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions ! Very much appreciated.

Bro mentality, no one has to eat foods that aren't enjoyable to drop body fat to get your abs to show.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I make steel cut oatmeal with cranberries, chopped up apple and cinnamon ahead of time in my rice cooker. It's tasty and quite filling if you toss a few pecans on top.