Please tell me I'm not the only one...

Options
I'm severely afraid of being on the highway. I'm not the one driving (I don't drive), but it still frightens me a lot and causes me great anxiety. I don't like the never-ending feeling of the road just going straight and the fear of getting into an accident always plagues my mind.

I feel like a freak, but I have to go to a family member's house tomorrow who lives about an hour away, and I just feel so anxious already.

Replies

• 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I have some good pills my doc prescribed for sleep issues that I'd be happy to pass along. One of those and a beer and you'll feel great.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I have some good pills my doc prescribed for sleep issues that I'd be happy to pass along. One of those and a beer and you'll feel great.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have a feeling I'll end up taking a Xanax or something.
  • CharlotteTheCoffeeLover
    CharlotteTheCoffeeLover Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    You're not alone.... Except I have to drive... No choice... But I'm nerve racked the entire time... Especially if I'm the passenger.... I feel out of control when I'm riding in the car... So you're definitely not alone...
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    LOL...

I take it you are not from Michigan. Do 80mph plus or be run over.

....I've driven so many miles on freeways that I'm probably just shy of "truck drivers" in mileage. Lots of those at 75-85mph in a pickup truck pulling a trailer with a race car on it.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    You're not alone.... Except I have to drive... No choice... But I'm nerve racked the entire time... Especially if I'm the passenger.... I feel out of control when I'm riding in the car... So you're definitely not alone...

Yes, that's exactly how I feel.