College and weight loss

Options
Hello! I want to start off by saying it's so inspiring to see everyone supporting one another in their journey! I am currently a full time student trying to fit in the time and dedication for a positive and more healthy lifestyle, time management is difficult but doable. I have been starting off slowly by tracking my food intake and nutrition and trying to hit the gym 3-4 times a week, I believe that by setting realistic goals for myself, I won't give up in just two weeks like I usually do lol. I would love support so feel free to add me at any time! This is my first week on MFP and I already can see it will be beneficial :)

Replies

• punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I am also a full time student trying to fit in health and fitness with a full schedule. Welcome!
  • stracenator92
    stracenator92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm living this life. Although I am an athlete once in season there is little workout and we eat way too unhealthy. I'd love to have other college friends to keep me motivated
  • Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to help motivate you and give tips if you need some. Most of my posts are motivational and/or health related ones. I'm also a college student (have lost over 60 pounds).
  • mrbstudio
    Options
    Welcome! I've been using myfitnesspal since August of last year, and I am a full time student and worker. I've lost 30+ pounds with the app, and am now an avid runner. I love this app/site! I hope it works as well for you as it did for me! Let me know if you wanna talk or need encouragement! Don't give up! It is SO worth it!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in medical school but I also lost weight in college (I was originally 181 and I am down to 135 and still losing). I think realizing obtainable goals is the key thing in college. Even now, I realize that I may not be able to exercise the way I want, but I always have control over my diet. I am doing better now that I am in medical school, but in college I had a very 'all or nothing' mindset. Getting over that was SUCH a big deal for me. In college/school there are going to be days where it will be very hard to stay on your plan. If that happens, the best thing is to keep going strong the next day and to not feel bad about it :). Good luck! You can do it!
  • ashleystidham
    ashleystidham Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouraging words! Xoxo