Famished at 3! What do you do?

Options
2»

Replies

• DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I try to play a little mind trick on myself when my stomach is growling at me. I think of the sensation and visualize the growling being my fat cells shrinking or that the sensation is literally my body getting smaller. So in a weird way, I am starting to embrace that feeling.

That said, I always have a snack in the midafternoon. Lately it has been hummus and a few pita chips. Or a couple of clementines or a banana. Especially if I'm going to work out before dinner. And water. Lots and lots of water.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    MoiAussi93 wrote: »
    If you're famished only three hours after lunch, you either need to eat more at lunch, or you need to eat more filling foods at lunch. If your lunch has a lot of carbs, switch it out for fat and protein. Both will keep you full for hours.

If it's already mainly protein and fat, then you probably are just not eating enough food in general. Increase your calories. Yes, a small snack could help till dinner...but you shouldn't consistently be that hungry only three hours after eating.

I'm hungry about every three hours. I find it normal. I guess I like to eat smaller meals, and more often though.

^^ This. And, OP, if you can help it ... don't let yourself get hungry. Expect that you get hungry about every three hours. Eat regularly to avoid the hunger (which is when we are weakest).
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    lulucitron wrote: »
    I make my own protein bars. Quick and easy to make. I have an amazing recipe for hummus too.

I love this idea, do you have a good recipe that you use?