Need to lose many many pounds.

Hi I'm Connie from Wichita Kansas.I need all the encouragement I can get.

Replies

• cjisme40
    cjisme40 Posts: 10 Member
    cjisme40 wrote: »
    Hi I'm Connie from Wichita Kansas.I need all the encouragement I can get.
    Nobody can do it for me.
  • Tammys_journey
    Tammys_journey Posts: 18 Member
    Hi Connie. I'm Tammy Tucker from Louisiana. I have 100+pounds to lose. Feel free to add me if you like. We can do this. We just have to push through and eventually we will get there.
  • DeannaCoersCarter
    DeannaCoersCarter Posts: 62 Member
    You can add me, if you would like. I have 220 pounds to lose!
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Hi, Connie! I live in SoCal. I started out with 100 lbs. to lose, now have 70 to lose. It seems overwhelming at first...soooooooooooo many pounds. I stopped thinking about how much I had to lose and started thinking about how far I'd come (at any given stage) and that helped a lot.

I remember when I had lost my first 10 pounds, and I thought, "but I still have NINETY pounds to go." Then all of a sudden it occurred to me: a month and a half earlier, I would have killed or died to have been 10 lbs. thinner. And now I was there. I was where I'd only dreamed of being 10 weeks earlier. That's not cause for celebration?

That's how I think of it now, every step of the way. 70 lbs. to go? Come on. Last Thanksgiving, would I not have thought I'd died and gone to heaven if I'd woken up 30 lbs. lighter without having lost an arm or leg or something?

So with each pound down, think about how you'd been wishing you could be a pound down...but now you're there. Celebrate! And just keep going.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Focus on ten at a time. Give yourself little rewards a long the way. Start getting rid of old clothes as soon as you can.
    Everyone is different, but I felt it helpful to add leafy veggies to my days like romaine, kale, swiss chard (cooked or raw).
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    You can do this! Plug your info into MFP, follow the calorie recommendation it sets, exercise if you want to.
    The most important thing is to not quit. Literally everything else you can figure out along the way.