Losing for grad school... Need some buddies!

Options
hey everyone! I am trying to shed my extra pounds before heading to grad school in mid-August. I realize that 40 pounds is a lot to lose in 4.5 months, but I think I can do it! I could really use so,d accountability on this... Anyone want to help me out? Thanks in advance! Go ahead and add me if you want!

Replies

• rosepeppercreek
    rosepeppercreek Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 years into my PhD and 50 pounds down since September! I know the grad school life.
  • Alyssa_the_mzungu
    Alyssa_the_mzungu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    No way! How did you do that???
  • moonglowjellyfish
    moonglowjellyfish Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished my doctorate earlier in the year and so I'm really rooting for ya! Of course now I need my post doc but I am taking a break to get myself in better shape first. The stress and many nights on the computer made it hard for me to stay healthy but if you start some healthy habits now hopefully it will be easier to do once school gets crazy ^_^ best of luck to you!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm in medical school - I yo-yoed a lot in college and I am actually doing my best and losing the most consistently IN medical school. Grad school is an awesome motivator to lose for, but you can still lose in grad school too if it doesn't happen as fast as you want :) Feel free to add me!
  • Alyssa_the_mzungu
    Options
    Thank you both for that encouragement! I'm excited to start working on it now and see where I get to. Bio queen, I will add you!
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I lost 20 lbs the summer before grad school, and it felt great!

I'm now in my 3rd year, and I gained back 16 of it (OMG...SO much stress).

Now in the last 47 days, I have lost 11 of that 16, and I'll lose 8 more, if I can! :)
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hey, I'm going to grad school in the fall too! What major?
    I'm going into Neuroscience.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    40lbs in 4.5 months is too much without a lot to lose - you'll probably be losing a good amount of muscle at that rate.

I've been using MFP everyday for almost a year now. I'll be starting my PhD in the fall too. Add me if you want (and include a note saying this thread is where you saw me, or something).
  • nishatay
    nishatay Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in grad school. Feel free to add me
  • lyrics09
    lyrics09 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Also a college student working toward being a healthy fit me for my big move to graduate school in the next year. I have been around here since last May, lost 115lbs so far. Feel free to add me :)
  • Alyssa_the_mzungu
    Options
    I'm going to grad school for social work. I'm excited! I do realize that 40 lb is a lot to lose... I'm just hoping to do my very best! Even if it continues through when I'm in grad school, I'm excited to start now. Thanks everyone!
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm graduating with my MBA next month! I want to lose 12 lbs by then, it was actually a 26 lb goal so I'm getting there! Please add me!

I use a Fitbit too and am always looking for friends to challenge there too!
  • Kphenderson
    Kphenderson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I finished my MBA in December but my ceremony is next month. I'm hoping to look a little better by then! No more school for me for awhile, I gained weight while in it and I'm glad it's over. No matter how busy you are, you can do it! Keep trying!