What exercises can I do for my waist and hips?

Options
I've been walking 2-3 miles 5x/wk for about 2 months now. I've lost some weight and I've lost 6 inches off my calves. Can anyone recommend exercises to burn fat around my waist and hips? Also, the tops of my arms are flabby and I need help there.

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I've been walking 2-3 miles 5x/wk for about 2 months now. I've lost some weight and I've lost 6 inches off my calves. Can anyone recommend exercises to burn fat around my waist and hips? Also, the tops of my arms are flabby and I need help there.

The reverse curl is designed specifically to burn fat.

It's where you take food and curl it away from you.

Fat loss happens in the kitchen, and is reinforced by working out. You also cannot spot reduce.

Want to lose fat? Eat less, move more, analyze what happens and adjust.

Good luck!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fhGXc6W-FI

As many times in a row as you can handle. I do it at least 6 or 7 times. Hand weights & ankle weights if you want to extra. Tones up ALL over. I actually use a band around my waist as well...much like in her other dvds & I use that for resistance while doing it. Perfect combo of cardio & strength.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    Options
    You could try crunches but not just for your front abdominals but for your side abbs your oblique muscles. That works the waist area really well. For your hips try dancing and moving your hips you'd be surprised how that works I'm a retired semi professional dancer (no not a stripper!) and dancing is fun and works muscles in your body you didn't even know you had lol. I personally like Latin dancing. Good luck