Free at Last! No meds!

Whoo-boy! I hit an important benchmark! (Picture a beaming guy bouncing on his toes.) My internist told me yesterday to drop the last of the meds I'd been taking for years for the conditions that being overweight causes. You know, the usual: hypertension, hyperlipidemia, borderline diabetes, etc., etc.

I've always been ashamed to have resorted to meds, knowing that were for problems of my own making -- problems that compromised my quality of life and my life expectancy. So, to have reversed those conditions through my own effort, to watch the objective measures, e.g., BP and laboratory results, fall into normal ranges once again, and to be walking around in a cleaner, tighter body... well, it's huge. I had a little private celebration this morning, tossing my prescription bottles into the trash and walking away dusting off my hands.

Oh. I am SO happy today! Dig it!

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Job well done! Isn't it amazing what it takes for us to get our butts in gear and do the right thing? I'm sure you feel great!
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Congratulations!!!!!
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    That is AWESOME! Congratulations :)
  • Good deal! Wednesday was two weeks for me with no blood pressure meds. You're right, it does feel good.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Congratulations on taking your life back. I remember that celebration also. Never forget the hard work you put in to get to this point. YOU ROCK!!!!!!
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Congratulations! I, also, had a victory at the doctor's office...My cholesterol was NORMAL...!!! Last fall they said I was at risk for a heart attack because my cholesterol was so high, and now it is NORMAL...MUST keep this up! HAVE to for my health...No choice...I just FEEL so much better after losing the weight...More to go...
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited April 2015
    WOOHOO!!!!!! Congrats, you are doing really well.

I was taken off all of my meds in the last couple of months too. I really know how you feel.

ETA: no shame in taking meds if they are needed. They are just a tool for better health until they are no longer needed.
  • petervz01
    petervz01 Posts: 9 Member
    Great job! That's why I signed up here. When I hit 40 I started to gain weight and my cholesterol was getting out of control. The doctor said I had 2 choices, diet and exercise, or meds.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    That's amazing!!! Congrats!!
  • MamaJ1974
    MamaJ1974 Posts: 443 Member
    That is a wonderful thing. I'm so happy for you!
  • G8rRay
    G8rRay Posts: 89 Member
    Definitely, CONGRATULATIONS!!! are in order. That's rockin' your bod!
  • VillageSmithy
    VillageSmithy Posts: 42 Member
    Good deal! Wednesday was two weeks for me with no blood pressure meds. You're right, it does feel good.
    Oh yeah. Congratulations to you for ditching the BP drugs! Go, man.

• kashe69
    kashe69 Posts: 21 Member
    Congratulations it definitely feels good to take control of your life. We can only spend so long blaming ourselves and then our future is in our hands. Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!