Losing that last ten pounds!!

Options
katnroyal87
katnroyal87 Posts: 8,789 Member
Hey y'all! I have been on my weight loss journey for three years now and I have lost 121 lbs. I have gone from 261 to 140. But I have been maintaining 140 for about four months now. So I am here and motivated to lose that last ten!!! I wish everyone good luck and I send positive thoughts to everyone. We all need a little support sometimes!

Replies

• katnroyal87
    Options
  • shiec92
    shiec92 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You have done incredible, you look amazing!
    Well done!
  • katnroyal87
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Holey moley look at you! Well done!!... Got any must-have tips?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I'm working on my last 5 pounds. Once I got to 140 it was sloooooow going. What a pain the last 10 lbs can be. Go get it!
  • Gretchen1002
    Gretchen1002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job! What would you say is the key to your success?
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing! Congrats on all of your progress. I'm on my last ten pounds (for now). Started at 213 and am now at 170, losing most of it from running. Just started a weight lifting program and my weight hasn't budged much at all in the past few months! I used to lose 1-2 lbs a week and now lose 2 pounds a month.

Incredible motivation!!!
  • katnroyal87
    Options
    Great job! What would you say is the key to your success?

Changing the way I eat and not dieting portion control and lots of exercise!
  • katnroyal87
    Options
    lalabrucey wrote: »
    Holey moley look at you! Well done!!... Got any must-have tips?

No carbonated anything. Portion control. Let yourself have that piece of pie but cut it in half!
  • Thisdivaruns
    Thisdivaruns Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for...a group who are in the same boat as me. I love the Facebook page and the message boards, but I feel like I'm alone at this point! I've been on my weight loss journey for one year and have lost 64 pounds. For the last three months, I have been fighting five pounds. I originally set my goal at 50 pounds, but now I just want to lose 5-10 more. I want to tone my tummy. My goal is to wear a sports bra alone! There are tons of people smaller than me, why is it so hard to drop these last five? I run, cross fit and coach middle school track. I have a 10K I'm training for and my very first half marathon. I went from a size 16 to a 6. I am so friggen proud of myself and know all the work that I've put into this. I'd be glad to have support and motivation by people who "get" my journey. I started one year ago with five other friends. I'm the only one who has stayed committed and successful. I think I'm at the right calorie intake. I eat 1350 a day and never eat back my calories. I refuse to give up and am always ready to try something new. I haven't had mfp friends, but I tried to help a few stay accountable. Feel free to add me. I'm ready to make friends and know that I'm not alone! wypttc1rib9w.jpg
  • katnroyal87
    Options
    This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for...a group who are in the same boat as me. I love the Facebook page and the message boards, but I feel like I'm alone at this point! I've been on my weight loss journey for one year and have lost 64 pounds. For the last three months, I have been fighting five pounds. I originally set my goal at 50 pounds, but now I just want to lose 5-10 more. I want to tone my tummy. My goal is to wear a sports bra alone! There are tons of people smaller than me, why is it so hard to drop these last five? I run, cross fit and coach middle school track. I have a 10K I'm training for and my very first half marathon. I went from a size 16 to a 6. I am so friggen proud of myself and know all the work that I've put into this. I'd be glad to have support and motivation by people who "get" my journey. I started one year ago with five other friends. I'm the only one who has stayed committed and successful. I think I'm at the right calorie intake. I eat 1350 a day and never eat back my calories. I refuse to give up and am always ready to try something new. I haven't had mfp friends, but I tried to help a few stay accountable. Feel free to add me. I'm ready to make friends and know that I'm not alone! wypttc1rib9w.jpg

Love it!
  • katnroyal87
    Options
    There are many amazing people in here who I am quickly realizing are very willing to help and share their journey!
  • KorbyPerez
    Options
    Amazing!! You are most certainly an inspiration to us all. (:
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    In the same boat here as well! I've got ten more to go to reach my first goal and lately have lost my motivation and discipline! Does anyone find that the happier you become with your body image the harder it is to be focused and strict?
    Looking for accountability buddies if anyone wants to add me?
    5'4
    SW 146.6
    CW 134.8
    GW 125
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    To start, I have only lost 35-40 lbs. I was in an accident that restricted my mobility for a couple of years, which meant, ok....less exercise, eat more. So, fast forward to losing:
    Getting to that last ten lbs. I find that when I am near goal - EVERYTHING matters. I added HIIT and found it very useful...however....I didn't closely monitor my caloric intake to make sure that I wasn't over shooting. Once I did that and chose nutrient-dense foods over less nutrient-dense foods, that is when the magic happened. My issue is feeling like I can slack when I'm so close and thinking - EH, doesn't really matter because I can get there if I want to. That leads to sliding back. If I do what I mentioned....I get there. It takes time, but it happens. If I don't do it, my body stays put. Frustrating, yeah...but it just takes the work.

And.... BTW - you guys look GREAT! Look how happy you look! Congrats!!