How do I calculate nutritional information if I special order from a restaurant

I'm try to watch my carb intake and once in awhile I have to use a fast food restaurant, some sites allow you to alter the items to calculate the nutritional information but several do not....ugghhh!!!!

Example Hardee's Red Burrito Taco Salad no shell, beans onions. How do I figure???

Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    There's no quick way as usually the restaurant will just combine all the food together, and then that's what people upload to MFP.
    There are some restaurants like Chipotle that will let you calculate the nutrition based on what you had on your meal on their website, but obviously that's not available everywhere.
    You can try cutting it back to not being a full serving, but that will throw your macros off. There's no perfect answer unless you can get the restaurant to give you a breakdown of all the ingredients.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    sudsucker7 wrote: »
    I'm try to watch my carb intake and once in awhile I have to use a fast food restaurant, some sites allow you to alter the items to calculate the nutritional information but several do not....ugghhh!!!!

Example Hardee's Red Burrito Taco Salad no shell, beans onions. How do I figure???

Thanks in advance for any help.

Guess
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    If you are going to a chain restaurant they may have the nutritional menu online that you can kind of preplan your meal before you go.

Hardee's is online :http://www.hardees.com/menu/nutritional_calculator

Sometimes you have to make an educated guess if you cannot find the nutritional menu online.
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Find something similar in the database and use that.