Am I still eating the right amount of calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If you're eating ~1600 and losing 1 lb per month, and would like to lose 2 lbs per month, that's another 3500 calories you need to cut over about 30 days.

3500/30 =116.7 or 117 per day

You could easily add in some more walking, or cut your eating down to about 1500 or a bit under. That should do it, if your current numbers are right (eating 1615, losing 1 lb per month).

If you sometimes eat well over target, or often eat a little over, you could just work on cleaning that up and see how you do.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    And I guess with 1440 I eat back exercise calories?
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    bump
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Okay, so awhile back I was told it would be good for me to eat 1615 calories and not eat exercise calories back. For awhile this worked. Now, though, I only lose 1 pound a month. When I last updated my weight, I was 133lb, but I have been weighing myself every day with the Libra weight manager app and tracking it. I always have waterweight. At the moment I am 135lb. There seems to be only one day that I weigh and I have a loss, and that is the day after menstruation ends.

I feel I should lose 2lb a month or so. 1lb is not satisfying. I am 163cm, my goal weight is at max 112lb. I mainly do walking as my main form of exercise, but I mean, only when I have to, and sometimes I will do a bit of zumba. I go to the salon once a week and do sweeping and things, as I am on an apprentice trial for 3 months, and my arms ache from that. I guess you can class me as sedentary.

So, please let me know how many calories to consume! Thank you!

You want to be 112lb at 5ft4?

there's a couple of women over on the 5"8 thread that are aiming around the 112lb mark :noway: :neutral:

• kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm 5"4 and my goal is 140. 119 is really low.

140? Why?

I don't understand your question. I'd like to weight 10 stone. That's 140 lbs. It's a lot less than the 14 stone (196lbs) I started at. It would put me in a healthy weight range for my height. I think I'll feel better, I think I'll look better.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    Okay, so awhile back I was told it would be good for me to eat 1615 calories and not eat exercise calories back. For awhile this worked. Now, though, I only lose 1 pound a month. When I last updated my weight, I was 133lb, but I have been weighing myself every day with the Libra weight manager app and tracking it. I always have waterweight. At the moment I am 135lb. There seems to be only one day that I weigh and I have a loss, and that is the day after menstruation ends.

I feel I should lose 2lb a month or so. 1lb is not satisfying. I am 163cm, my goal weight is at max 112lb. I mainly do walking as my main form of exercise, but I mean, only when I have to, and sometimes I will do a bit of zumba. I go to the salon once a week and do sweeping and things, as I am on an apprentice trial for 3 months, and my arms ache from that. I guess you can class me as sedentary.

So, please let me know how many calories to consume! Thank you!

You want to be 112lb at 5ft4?

there's a couple of women over on the 5"8 thread that are aiming around the 112lb mark :noway: :neutral:

I personally believe that the lower weights should be reserved for shorter people, now at that tall height, that would look vile.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    I'm 5"4 and my goal is 140. 119 is really low.

140? Why?

I don't understand your question. I'd like to weight 10 stone. That's 140 lbs.

I mean, why do you not want to be a lower weight? Why 10 stone?

• kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Because I want to be healthy and strong, not thin. I'm 42 so maybe it's different for me. 140 would be a massive accomplishment for me. I don't think I'd look healthy if I weighed much less and I don't want to loose any of the muscle I've spent the last 2 years building.
  • mokaiba
    mokaiba Posts: 141 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    You are already within a normal weight range 112 pounds will put you at the very low end of that. Why that number? You may be better off looking at a fitness program that may get you the 'Look' you want rather than concentrating on a specific weight number

maybe she wants to look a little better in her swimsuit for the summer?

You could achieve that goal w/o lowering weight though. Research exercises that would tone you and work on that.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    What cano said will help you. Its better to understand how it works then you know the answer and apply the appropriate solution. If its no moving ove a period of 4-6 weeks hen reassess and it involves tightening your logging so you know your deficit is there or not, then its a matter of eating less (never less than 1200) and moving more.

If you are at a healthy weight then its about body recomposition and not losing weight.
    Uts all just estimates, just apply some common sense to your results, monitor and adjust to suit.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 113lbs ...I look healthy and fit as I do lift weights and do cardio as well. I just have a petite frame. I am in the process of doing body recomp and expect my weight to go up a bit which is no big deal to me. I prefer to take measurements and estimate by how my clothes fit.

OP ...there is no magic number, go by how you feel and look ..take progress pics and monitor. If you're using TDEE method, you do not eat back your exercise cals as that is already accounted for. With MFP, it's expected to eat back.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    maasha81 wrote: »
    I'm 5'4" and 113lbs ...I look healthy and fit as I do lift weights and do cardio as well. I just have a petite frame. I am in the process of doing body recomp and expect my weight to go up a bit which is no big deal to me. I prefer to take measurements and estimate by how my clothes fit.

OP ...there is no magic number, go by how you feel and look ..take progress pics and monitor. If you're using TDEE method, you do not eat back your exercise cals as that is already accounted for. With MFP, it's expected to eat back.

Thanks, using MFP now and eating the amount the recommend so eating back the calories :)