Herbalife - anyone using the products?

Options
Looking for people who are using Herbalife and that would be willing to share shake ideas and healthy meal options.

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Very expensive and it does nothing to teach portion control. You will put all the weight back on once you stop. You could have the same effect by flushing your money down the toilet and eating a calorie deficit.

Or just eat at a calorie deficit, hold on to that money, lose weight, and buy something that will actually add value to your life.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    You won't get much love for Herbal Life on here. Seeing as it is completely unnecessary, uses sub-par ingredients, and is basically a mult-level marketing scam, most on here have already seen the light on what a crock that stuff is.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    to the two previous posts.
    WORD...
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I dont always support pyramid schemes, but when i do, it's sure as s##t not Herbalife.
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above. Diet and exercise - that simple. Those pills are a marketing ploy.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above. Diet and exercise - that simple. Those pills are a marketing ploy.

it's shakes. :P
  • MoreFabbLessFlab
    MoreFabbLessFlab Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Very expensive and it does nothing to teach portion control. You will put all the weight back on once you stop. You could have the same effect by flushing your money down the toilet and eating a calorie deficit.

Or just eat at a calorie deficit, hold on to that money, lose weight, and buy something that will actually add value to your life.

I bought it due to a friend selling it. It did nothing but waste $130.00. I tried it for 2 weeks and lost nothing, the friend didn't supply me with a meal plan or anything.
  • Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have I shake a day made with water and add a bit of a protein powder to it. Sometimes add some fruit. Super yummy and easy way to get something into my stomach on workday mornings. My distributors also offer a FREE fitness class for thier customers, so I get to workout as much as 3 times a week without paying to a gym membership. I don't buy the "pills" and yes it gets expensive the more products you use. So it's a win with the free exercise sessions.
  • Camarose79
    Options
    Btw I've lost about 8 lbs in 3 months.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    It's pretty bad when Barry Minkow says your business practices are shady.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    Camarose79 wrote: »
    I have I shake a day made with water and add a bit of a protein powder to it. Sometimes add some fruit. Super yummy and easy way to get something into my stomach on workday mornings. My distributors also offer a FREE fitness class for thier customers, so I get to workout as much as 3 times a week without paying to a gym membership. I don't buy the "pills" and yes it gets expensive the more products you use. So it's a win with the free exercise sessions.

Exercise in general is free. Go for a walk. Ride a bike. Go swimming.

A gym membership and eating less food is still a lot cheaper than Herbalife snake oil.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Can Herbalife be added to the list of words this place automatically censors?
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Btw I've lost about 8 lbs in 3 months.

I've lost 1st9lb in 3 months just by eating at a calorie deficit and walking everywhere. Cost me nothing.

Good old food.
  • Camarose79
    Options
    I didn't even have a car for the last 7 years. I walk and ride a bike everywhere. Yes exercise is free but for me, I appreciate having the structure of a specific time and place to work out, with instruction. Works better for me. I've been fat and out of shape for almost my whole life. What I'm doing now is making me feel better. So what if Herbalife isn't the top product out there, I've been eating crap food choices for years and years already! Most of you previous commenters have a pretty awesome looking bod in your profile pics, I'm guessing you haven't been considered obese in your lifetime. And how many if you don't use ANY kind of muscle milk, plant protein powder, protein shake, or pre or post workout product? Who cares what product I'm using. It's helping me.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I didn't even have a car for the last 7 years. I walk and ride a bike everywhere. Yes exercise is free but for me, I appreciate having the structure of a specific time and place to work out, with instruction. Works better for me. I've been fat and out of shape for almost my whole life. What I'm doing now is making me feel better. So what if Herbalife isn't the top product out there, I've been eating crap food choices for years and years already! Most of you previous commenters have a pretty awesome looking bod in your profile pics, I'm guessing you haven't been considered obese in your lifetime. And how many if you don't use ANY kind of muscle milk, plant protein powder, protein shake, or pre or post workout product? Who cares what product I'm using. It's helping me.

I've been obese for the last 2 years. I'm still 1 1/2 stone overweight. I don't drive. I don't use any powders, pills, shakes, ketones etc. I don't need to. Neither do you. Being overweight is awful. Yep. But I stopped making excuses and worked at making a change.

Use Herbalife if you need that crutch. Personally I prefer the CICO approach.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

How do you know they haven't been obese???? Maybe they have just worked really hard for their awesome looking bod. I think you will find many people on MFP in that boat.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    edited April 2015
    Options

It doesn't bother me at all that you use the products. What bothers me is the fact that people seem to think that they are somehow magically more effective than a calorie deficit. When people come into these boards and ask for advice/opinions on a product like Herbalife, the resounding opinion in here is that the products are generally a waste of money.

You are an adult, so spend your money on what you like. But I will continue to tell people that you do not have to pay some stay-at-home mom on Facebook an arm and a leg for some shake/pill/supplement/wrap/detox to lose weight. All you have to do is eat less food.

*Edited to add that I am currently considered "obese." I've also tried several of the magic weight loss products and I know from experience that none of them work.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

it's shakes. :P

Oh, they have pills, shakes, teas... anything to sell to you. Like @missannette67 said, they don't even provide you with a meal plan... they just say buy this, this, and that... drink them and you'll lose weight.

They get rich, you stay fat... or fatter. Definitely a waste of money.
    I get to workout as much as 3 times a week without paying to a gym membership. I don't buy the "pills" and yes it gets expensive the more products you use. So it's a win with the free exercise sessions. Btw I've lost about 8 lbs in 3 months.

BTW, I lost that and more in my first month with just a calorie deficit, eating all the yums, none of the fads. :yum: And free workouts at home by using Youtube... and keeping my moneys. :blush::open_mouth:
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Forgot how to internet.
  • Camarose79
    Options
    Well for me, being fat all these years while walking and biking everywhere, obviously I've also been eating way too much. It's not like I didn't do any exercise at all and just got up walking and lost as much weight as someone else who just started exercising. You can make a shake just with fruit, yogurt, milk, water, or whatever you want, and not buy any Herbalife shake. Do what you like. It's helping me. I have had a lot of bad health habits for many years. I don't know what struggles the other commenters have had or how much work they've done to get fit. What is this a competition? I'VE lost 8 pounds and that makes me successful! I fit into my new jeans now! AND I'm using Herbalife shakes. As well as exercising. Tracking food. Counting calories. Making better food choices than I have in the past. Being more aware of what I eat. Learning as I go. Meh. I'm still winning.