Ladies! Answers please!

Options
Hi ladies, a quick question, does anyone else tend to eat more when it's their time of the month? I find I'm constantly hungry and craving full meals as snacks ): is this normal?

Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Yep, I don't weigh myself during that time. I also crave salt, lots and lots of salt.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's hormones. I eat all the carbs during that time of the month.

Exercise helps a lot. Also hot drinks like tea or coffee between meals can help curb the cravings. Lastly, be sure and treat yourself if you really want it. There is nothing wrong with indulging as long as you try to remain in a deficit. I don't feel guilty if I am a little closer to my maintenance calories during that week.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    That's me every day. LOL
  • ebyla85
    ebyla85 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yes! :'( that's totally me I'm always wanting to eat more on my red rose .
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Oh my Lord, YES!!!!! I crave salty treats and chocolate. But mostly I'm just extra hungry and want to be comforted with food. Like that time of month isn't bad enough without having to deal with that mess. :/
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Very normal. Find ways to combat it. I like exercise. Makes me feel good and gives me extra reason to turn down treats (don't want to undo all the burn I just did).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The week before my period, yes. Once it starts though, I'm typically not that hungry.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's pretty common to want to eat more. I could eat pretty much my entire pantry right before my TOM especially if its a salty snack. I don't go near the scale during PMS and my TOM.
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is normal. I try not to use this as an excuse and stick to my meal plan and calorie goals, but it is more challenging during that time.