Not hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• girlperson666
    girlperson666 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    There were a couple of days recently where I was noticing the same problem. My appetite seemed to completely disappear, and i was struggling to eat more than 600 cals even on days I was working. just felt generally "off". turned out I actually had pneumonia and ended up bedridden for several days!
  • emwaltz
    emwaltz Posts: 12
    Options
    When I have a long run or intense workout I feel the same way. But, learning from experience, I still feed myself REAL WHOLE FOODS after an hour or so, or I crash. I'd try to wean off the meal replacement, but I can understand the convenience...
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    The only times I've had this experience are periods when I'm incredibly stressed and/or depressed. You should get this checked out by a doctor if your appetite doesn't return soon. In the meantime, try to eat calorie-dense foods so you get enough nutrients. You don't want to exacerbate a potential underlying problem.
  • jessicanorgaard
    jessicanorgaard Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is the absolute minimum you should go without exercise. Add in exercise then add in calories. Maybe try a high protien with carbs shake in milk after a hard workout. Spread the food out throughout the day. 500 cals a day sustained will cause your internal organs a lot of damage.