ticker question...where does your start?

Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have always had my set from the weight where I seriously started trying to lose weight, but it is not my heaviest weight. Besides pregnancy, I was 15 pounds heavier 6-8 weeks postpartum. Should I start my ticker then or from when I started trying to lose weight? Where does your start?

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    You can do it either way you like :)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I could have started my ticker at 215 or so, which is my heaviest and what I weighed about the end of last summer. I lost 15 pounds in my last semester at college last fall, but I wasn't really trying to. Crazy schedule, eating small meals since I only had a mini fridge to keep my food in, and living at the bottom of a GIANT hill that I had to walk up multiple times a day was responsible for that. I start counting from this February when I made a conscious effort to eat much better and start working out daily. So technically I have two weight loss totals, but I consider the one on my ticker the important one.
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    I started my ticker at the weight I was when I started MFP. I've been heavier and I've been lighter but I figure this way I can see my weight loss accurately from when I joined.
  • Either way I suppose...I just started with what I was when I found this site, but that was also my heaviest I had been. It's whatever you feel like doing really. There's no right or wrong way...Looks like you have lost quite a bit though, GREAT JOB!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    I started mine from when I joined MFP but had lost 8 pounds before I started here. And totally from when I originally started I have lost 44. I am thinking of maybe re-doing my ticker with my first starting weight but it really doesn't matter. What matters is I am down 44 pounds and dropping. Yippy.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    I joined MPF in May but I mark my weight loss on my ticker from January, when I really started (THIS round of trying to get in shape anyway -LOL). Do it however makes sense to you. YOU know what's up! :glasses:
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    I started mine at where I was when I joined the website...although that was NOT my heaviest point. My heaviest was post pregnancy (yes I weighed more the day I left the hospital after giving birth) and then I dropped a few lbs (not much).

I started loosing weight last fall/winter. Geeze, if I counted where I was at right after I gave birth that would mean I have lost 100 lbs!!! But my ticker only says 7, lol. Pick what you like. I chose not to look back, just a personal choice ;)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    I weighed myself when I joined MFP. It's where my ticker starts. Coincidentally, it's also my heaviest weight, and will never be seen again!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Mine is when I first started losing weight (6ish months before MFP) though its not my highest, I've thought about changing mine to reflect ALL of the weight I've lost, not just the weight I've ''tried'' to lose.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    I started my ticker at the weight I was when I started MFP. I've been heavier and I've been lighter but I figure this way I can see my weight loss accurately from when I joined.

That is what I did also. MFP was the start of a new life and so that is what my ticker shows. Yes, from my extra notes you will see I was MUCH MUCH heavier but I wanted to be honest with myself and not try to fool me. It took years of up and down to go from my heaviest to where I was when I started here. It is a personal preference... what ever works for you and how you perceive it.
  • kjrosa
    kjrosa Posts: 34
    I have wondered the same question...When I started MPF in Apiril of this year I put the weight I weighed then. I did start loosing weight prior to mfp (about 7 months before). I lost 50 lbs out side of mfp and 30 lbs on mfp...I think once I get down to my target weight I will then set my ticker at my total weight loss which will be 125 lbs...*YIPPY*
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    mine starts from when I got serious about losing weight back in January. I weighed 219.8 my heaviest weight ever was 245. but that was after having my 2nd child so I waited till the baby weight came off (about 25 pounds) before actually keeping track
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Up until yesterday my ticker stated that I'd lost 15 lbs (because that's how much I've lost since joining in mid-March). BUT, I changed it to reflect my highest weight almost 2 years ago when I really became serious about trying to lose the weight. Somehow seeing the bigger number reminds me of how far I've come and I'd rather see my little flower in the middle of my journey to my goal rather than at the beginning of the last half of what I want to lose. I'm strange I know... :blushing:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I have mine set at my highest weight from January when I first started changing how I was eating and started to work out more.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    I started mine from the time I got serious about losing weight (which is when I joined MFP...and was my heaviest - so no matter which I pick it's all the same number. hehe)
  • I started mine May 4 the day I decided to lose at least 50 pounds
This discussion has been closed.