motivation??

Options
hey!!! I have zero motivation to get out of bed and go to the gym or go for a walk. A year ago me and two friends joined the gym and we all try to get together to go but it's hard with our schedules. I'm nervous to go to the gym by myself bc of my anxiety. I also want to do other things at the gym other than the treadmill and the elliptical. I want to lose weight on my thighs and stomach so how can i do that at the gym?? Right now i'm motivated to go to the gym tomorrow morning by myself but it's hard to actually get up and go. Anyone have any fitness tips or tips to stay motivated?

Replies

• khristiana
    khristiana Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Seeing myself on medicines and unable to breath/move/play was all the inspiration I needed. It's baby steps, my dear.
  • aimsterrz
    aimsterrz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have always had a hard time having the motivation to go to the gym especially after a long day of work and it was always harder for me to go by myself, so I understand where you are coming from. Have you tried an at home program?
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I had trouble getting the motivation to go TO the gym, because I resented the time I wasted driving there and back, then would spend even more time at the gym to make the trip worthwhile. All said and done, it would take 2 or more hours out of my day.

So I bought weights and quit the gym. I lift at home and run outside. I have no excuses not to do it, so I do it. Unless it's a rest day. :)
  • tuxedokoenma
    tuxedokoenma Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I'm going to the gym a little more. My anxiety and recent new job are making me want to go more and seeing other ppls posts on here Are motivating me as well!! I'm trying to add more ppl on here for motivation :)
  • ksnurse25
    ksnurse25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I had an issue with going to the gym at first because I had such a horrible self image. I started doing videos and exercises at home. I do circuit training and it has helped me tone big time. I was constantly making excuses. Not enough time, I'm too tired, and too much to do. Make a goal of how many times you want to work out a week. Go to the gym with your friends. A good workout is wonderful anxiety and stress relief. Remind yourself of that! Exercise can be done anywhere....not just the gym. If it is making you anxious...try other things that work for you!
  • tuxedokoenma
    tuxedokoenma Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Do you have any circuit training video recommendations?
  • LaDawnnie
    LaDawnnie Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I had to realize that everyone was at the gym for the same reason as me. To get fit , to be healthy. They all were in my place at one time as well and most of them would encourage others as they get used to seeing people there on a daily basis. But fitting the gym into my schedule always threw me off. Now I do exercises mainly using my body weight, or a video, and try to walk anywhere that's only a mile or so away. I love to tan so instead of me driving I make myself walk there,1.0 mile there and 1 mile back. But it's worth it! I always feel great!