Am I Doing This Right?

Options
I am new to MFP. I am an 18 year old, 5'6, 119 lb girl. My goal is 115 lbs and a toned stomach. MFP set my NET calorie goal at 1200. I ate that 1200 calories throughout the day. I also went to the gym and burned about 600 calories with cardio plus a decent amount of strength training, so that put my NET calories at 600. Does that mean I eat 600 more calories? Well, I did that today by indulging myself with a blueberry muffin from a local bakery. It seems like that muffin just put all of my hard work down the drain, even though my NET calories are within my goal. So am I doing this right, or should I not be eating all of those calories back? I think I should also add that I'm losing that little bit of weight from my weight gain I had after over coming an eating disorder, if that effects anything.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yes, MFP is designed to eat back exercise calories.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sounds like you need to talk with your eating disorder counselor again

1/10
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Sounds like you need to talk with your eating disorder counselor again

1/10
    Agree. 115 at your height is borderline underweight. U want to tone and build muscle u will have to eat more
  • ninjawaffles22
    ninjawaffles22 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For your information, I have talked about my goal in weight with my doctor, and he said that if I were at this weight, I would be completely healthy. I appreciate your guys' concern, but that is not the answer I was looking for, since I know about those issues about myself more than you guys do. My question is simply if I eat all of my exercise calories back or not. Thank you to those who answered my question!