Carrying leftovers to the next day

Options
uvi5
uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
I'ma get slammed for asking this, but here I go (I think I already know the answer, just making sure). I have about 150 calories of fruit left over from today. I want to have some extra calories for a bun and mayo (to complete my burger) and still have a side of fruit. The turkey burger is gonna be massive:). So, I was figuring i'd just not add to my calorie count tomorrow, because they are already added in for today. That way I can complete my dream burger! Do others do this? And does it hinder progress for you/them?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    No slamming, actually! Many people average their calories over the week. Under some days, over others. It's fine as long as you remain in a deficit for the week. Just remove the fruit from your diary and add in those things for tomorrow.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand what you're saying, sorry :( What do you mean when you say your fruit is "left over"?
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Why not?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why would you get slammed? It's all about overall calories and lots save them up for the weekend.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Why would you get slammed? It's all about overall calories and lots save them up for the weekend.

*nods*

I've busted my butt to get a really good deficit this week, because I have a potluck tomorrow and I want to eat like it's my job.

There's nothing wrong with banking calories for later use (and by later I mean a few days, not months ;) )
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

*nods*

I've busted my butt to get a really good deficit this week, because I have a potluck tomorrow and I want to eat like it's my job.

There's nothing wrong with banking calories for later use (and by later I mean a few days, not months ;) )

Especially if we're talking about incoming chocolate!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    You might get slammed if you did something like underate by an additional 500 calories several days in a row so you could binge like crazy on the weekend.

150 under, though? Nah. If you're not hungry and/or wanna use those calories the next day, go for it!

~Lyssa
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    You might get slammed if you did something like underate by an additional 500 calories several days in a row so you could binge like crazy on the weekend.

150 under, though? Nah. If you're not hungry and/or wanna use those calories the next day, go for it!

~Lyssa

ooooooh thank you :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I watch my weekly deficit. So it doesn't really matter if I'm over or under on some days . As long as I'm in a deficit by the end of the week, I'm happy.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    macgurlnet wrote: »

~Lyssa

ooooooh thank you :)

I think we're guessing OP has a snack pre-logged that they won't be eating, hence "left over" calories.

Could be wrong, though!

~Lyssa
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Why would you get slammed?
    Have you met some of the people around here? :lol:
    Like the others said, try looking at your calculations for the week. We're so used to looking at the every day that seeing what you have available can be surprising. :smile:

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Why would you get slammed?.

Probably because newbies cop it on a regular basis, and it makes some folks scared to ask questions, or post their opinions. Just a guess... :smile:
  • caaber01
    caaber01 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    But I'm a little confused. At the end of the week should we have a deficit in order to lose at all - or just being within the weekly allotment will make you lose? Maybe having a higher deficit allows you to lose more and being right at the allotted calories you only likely lose what's projected? Sorry but I'm still really new at this :/
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »
    I'ma get slammed for asking this, but here I go (I think I already know the answer, just making sure). I have about 150 calories of fruit left over from today. I want to have some extra calories for a bun and mayo (to complete my burger) and still have a side of fruit. The turkey burger is gonna be massive:). So, I was figuring i'd just not add to my calorie count tomorrow, because they are already added in for today. That way I can complete my dream burger! Do others do this? And does it hinder progress for you/them?

The only thing I would slam you for is making this so complicated.
    So you are going to stop eating 150 calories below your goal today so you can have 150 more calories for tomorrow? But you are logging it as fruit today- which you are not eating- and not logging the bun and mayo tomorrow?
    It doesn't make sense to me to log something you aren't eating today. Just delete the fruit entry and be 150 calories under. Log the stuff you do eat tomorrow and see the number go over that amount. No big deal.
    Look at the weekly average. If you are not over your weekly calorie goal then you are fine.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

What matters is the weeks-end average. So, today if you choose to eat over your calories, you will be safe balancing it out over the next day or two by eating a bit less.

I plan a lot, so I try to save some up by eating a bit less some days so I'll have enough for the "big day."

Also, even if you eat over once in awhile, it won't hinder your progress, as long as you make sure to stay within your calorie goals most of the time.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

*nods*

Especially if we're talking about incoming chocolate!

Did you say.......

Chocolate-2.jpg

and don't forget this.....

article-0-19FA325E00000578-315_634x451.jpg

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Yup, don't worry about going 100 calories over one day, just try and cut back a wee bit through the week and you've got it, it'll keep you from stressing out every single day.
  • uvi5
    Options
    I don't really understand what you're saying, sorry :( What do you mean when you say your fruit is "left over"?

I prepared 10 oz pineapple, 11 oz cantaloupe, 4 oz strawberries, mixed it up, ate 1/2 with dinner and thought i'd have the other 1/2 tonight as a snack, but I'm done for the day and thought I could just eat it tomorrow with my burger and not enter more calories for them, because they are already entered today. Omg that's the longest sentence ever!

• uvi5
    Options

I prepared 10 oz pineapple, 11 oz cantaloupe, 4 oz strawberries, mixed it up, ate 1/2 with dinner and thought i'd have the other 1/2 tonight as a snack, but I'm done for the day and thought I could just eat it tomorrow with my burger and not enter more calories for them, because they are already entered today. Omg that's the longest sentence ever!

edit: that was 5 oz strawberries :smiley:

• uvi5
    Options

Awesome, because this turkey burgers gonna be epic! And it would seem so lonely with out at least a side of fresh fruit! I need to take a picture of it after I make it :smiley: