Was feeling awesome about my weight loss until...

Options
2»

Replies

• SeeAngelaLose
    Options
    Doctors advise you not to lift more than 10 lbs while pregnant. --> response to:

"It is kind of ridiculous for a person to ask that at all. But the one thing that stood out about your post is the conception that if you are pregnant...you shouldn't lift at all.

I really hate that...though I have never been pregnant, or plan on getting pregnant any time soon...for some reason pregnancy is typically viewed as "weakness" and fragile. Unless if there is reason not to lift...i really don't see what the issue is."
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I remember being asked that once, right after having my son. I told the nice lady no I'm not pregnant, it'sonly a tumor.She couldn't get away fast enough. It gave me a giggle to see the panic on her face.
    tumblr_lm67bbCcMy1qigkwxo1_400_zpse5adaf8f.gif
  • mollykallies
    mollykallies Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone though !! It just really put a damper on the success I felt from the weight loss.

Only about 30 more lbs to go to my goal! I am 5'5" or 5'6" depending on the day :) I've been losing inches as well as the weight so I can see a difference in myself. I'm glad I took pictures before I started losing !!

I had never met this woman and hope to not see her again. She was probably about 45 I would say. She did make the wonderful closing comment of "you won't see me again until October, by then your baby would almost be do!" I will be at my goal weight by then so I fully intend to show her my flat stomach and say 'yup! Still no baby'