Ladies. How long does it take you to burn 200 calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I burn about 10 calories a minute at my maximum, so 20 minutes for 200 calories. Depending on what I'm doing, it's probably more likely to take me around 25 minutes +.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    In good incline walking session it takes me about 15 minutes to burn 200 calories gross (about 180 net).

But there is a caveat: I'm obese so I burn more.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    the speed at which you burn depends in your weight, intensity and duration.

The fastest I can burn would be 14-16 minutes on the rower, but it would take me that amount of time to recover.

Its a good reminder on how much work it takes to burn calories and not eating to excess in the first place is much easier.

Opps not a lady. 500-600 calories is good imo.
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    when im using the gym machines when i put my hands on the heart rate sensor i usually burn 73 calories per 10 min with a heart rate around 155-160bpm which is 85% for my age range. I also can feel my heart beating really fast and im usually winded.

So even when im home working out or biking, hiking i can tell by touching my chest and with heavy breathing where im at. I hope this helps.
    I try to do hiit which focuses on hitting your high rate for short time, not really counting min until you hit a calorie point but this still helps me est my heart rate without a monitor

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jenn-zerling/4-high-intensity-interval_1_b_4752827.html
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • amwood1528
    amwood1528 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The more movement you do while exercising the more calories you burn. The more intense you're work out is the more calories you burn. I take a class called "body attack" at my local gym, it's an hour long class but we burn 600-800 calories per class. We do a variety of movements. For example, blurpies, squats, lunges etc. I suggest you try different exercise and work out longer. If, you do not have the time, I would try something like t25.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    around an hour of very brisk walking.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The smaller you are the harder it is to burn significant calories. I'm 5'4", 123ish lbs and I'm lucky to get 300 calories per hour for really intense exercise.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    100 per 10 minutes is pretty reasonable. I burn ~100 per mile running or per 10 minutes on the stationary bike. You can't really rush the burn. Adding weight might let you burn 1-2 more calories per 10 minutes but that's it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,107 Member
    Options
    Probably about an hour while walking, maybe slightly more.

Half an hour while cycling.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, weigh 145. I run and cycle and do intervals.

Running I do 4 minutes at 6.8-7.2 for 4 minutes then a minute of rest. 15 minutes I burn 200 calories (per my polar HRM, set to my settings). During the run my heart rate is 170-180, it drops around 30 beats during the rest.

Cycling is a class, my heart rate stays around the 165 area, getting up to 180 and dipping down to 150. I burn about 600 calories in 55 minutes.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,107 Member
    Options
    I used to take a spinning class ... I put a lot of effort into it, but the most I burned was just under 400 calories in 50 min.