hoping for a new me

I am struggling in a lot of different areas right now. I've really not been taking care of myself. Today starts a new me. I'm 39 years old with a husband and two kids. I have hypothyroidism and I'm overweight. I suffer from depression and anxiety. My goal is to lose 5 pounds a month.

Replies

• grandbabies3
    grandbabies3 Posts: 4 Member
    Well this is a good place to start. You can keep track of almost anything on here. If you need someone to encourage you I would like to help you along.
  • jenespenshade957
    jenespenshade957 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    5 pounds a month is a 2500 calorie per day deficit ! most people find 2 pounds a month or a 1000 calorie a day deficit to be near the upper end of being able to sustain for any length of time. Perhaps reevaluate you goal and adjust so you do not set yourself up for failure.
  • Camo_xxx
    Also, and I don't mean to sound rude but I have found that "hoping for" doesn't get the job done. everybody hopes to lose weight, only the ones who have educated themselves on how to do it and then set a realistic goal and committed to a plan have accomplished actually lose the weight and keep it off.

here is a fantastic starting place to understand the basics. please take the time and read it throughly if you are not familiar with CICO. it will change your life.
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/

Oh and welcome to MFP, its a great tool once you know how to use it.

Educate, Set goal, Make a plan, Execute, WIN !
  • jenespenshade957
    jenespenshade957 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you
  • kakemery
    kakemery Posts: 98 Member
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    5 pounds a month is a 2500 calorie per day deficit ! most people find 2 pounds a month or a 1000 calorie a day deficit to be near the upper end of being able to sustain for any length of time. Perhaps reevaluate you goal and adjust so you do not set yourself up for failure.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. 5lbs a month is a super reasonable goal. With watching food intake and upping exercise then 8 to 10 lbs a month is totally doable. By counting calories and exercising, 2 lbs a week is a safe weightloss.
  • kakemery
    kakemery Posts: 98 Member
    Good luck!
  • Camo_xxx
    You are correct, i read it in my head as per week. Carry on